Why become a member? ×

Mackie HDR 24 track hi rez studio recorder, With built in software, studio or live field recorder ready to go
£450
cheshire

For sale is one of two available Mackie HDR 24/97 24 track recorders,

if you dont know these, then you are in for a bit of an eye opener.

If you are looking for a next level recorder for your studio or live then read on....

These can record 24 tracks at 24 bit at the same time with ease, hence these are still being used as professional field recorders for live bands, more live albums were done on this than any other stand alone digi recorder ever, and are still being used today,

so why this ?? this is the only stand alone recorder to have all the software built it, forget cubase, forget protools forget reaper, its all built in, hence it still being used as a studio recorder by many studios,

so why are they still using this ??

lots of reasons,with the d8b desk you get 0.4ms latency, yep 0.4, not 40, not even 4, 0.4 ! and that is recording 24 tracks at 24 bit AT THE SAME TIME and they sound great, the analog to digi converters in this are top draw and dedicated for the job of creating Very high quality 24 bit 44.1, 48 or 96k wavs, was your pc designed for this ???? All the software as said is built in, just add a monitor a mouse and a keyboard and any desk you then have a studio ready to go.

Sick of your daw crashing ??? yep... been there also hence getting these, these are rock solid, NO pc's to crash, N0 dodgy software to freeze, no downloading rubbish drivers and the best bit...no crappy windows in the back ground sucking up all your processor power. each track has 8 virtual tracks for other takes.

so.... lets think about this for a min, thats 24 x 8 which gives you 192 tracks per song of 24 bit waves !! , and all wavs are viewable on screen, even at the same time if you wanted,

You can of course move the wavs if wanted to your daw for editing mixing easy. or use this with your daw, as you have a choice of cards to put in the back either ... ADAT, 24 tracks in and 24 out...or Analog 25 pin Dsubs which will give you 24 tracks in and out using Jacks or XLR or both, ...or AES EBU 24 tracks in and 24 out, Or even a combination of all of them, was there anything else made that could offer this ?? the answer is NO you can even clock two or three together.

So....loads of options It has been maxed out, top memory top processor, and has the up graded bios to use larger drives  im also giving you the choice of in/out cards to use so your ready to go right away analog or digi in/outs, Prob best if you are serious about recording and are interested is to pop round and check it out, i think you will be shocked. I have tracks that have been released using this if you want to hear. I can send a manual as a pdf if wanted, but loads ofinfo is ready available on line,

i still use two of these linked to a d8b and dont plan changing them in the future, these are my spare ones and are just not getting used, and i need other studio toys 🙂.

Collect from Ellesmere port

review... https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/mackie-hdr2496

IMG_0396.thumb.JPG.a370c490e042b4f06f47805837c437c1.JPG

IMG_0397.thumb.JPG.1cc9ce78c7bbeffa89a17818f9924488.JPG

IMG_0398.thumb.JPG.12db96379ec883d52c8093000dbf8730.JPG

IMG_0399.thumb.JPG.136fd7fca7d90ebdf021ec4a4f00c17f.JPG

IMG_1876.JPG.2b07e5e1686d0ef6b8ea4aaac943208d.JPG

IMG_0401.thumb.JPG.6603ad2957ec71f02469a68e0ec0a477.JPG

IMG_1875.JPG.b4a65e3091586f9ee3714445d3d1c6a2.JPG

Edited by funkgod
  • Like 2

I've had 2 of these plus a D8B for 22 years now, and they're still in daily use. Rock solid reliable, excellent converters, and still the quickest and most intuitive editing I've ever used. I've recorded dozens of studio and live albums with them, including a top 30 single. Highly recommended, GLWTS!

3 hours ago, Skin Lewis said:

I've had 2 of these plus a D8B for 22 years now, and they're still in daily use. Rock solid reliable, excellent converters, and still the quickest and most intuitive editing I've ever used. I've recorded dozens of studio and live albums with them, including a top 30 single. Highly recommended, GLWTS!

cheers skin, they are indeed a fantastic machine, i also use two with the d8b 24 returns and 16 on the ins leaving me the 8 mic ins to play with to get stuff on and the extra 8 in and out in the ALT slot (masters bank 16/24). and i love it, had mine about the same and know the d8b and hdr inside out now, did loads of conversions for people converting there MDR to HDRs also maintain a few studios as well who are still using them, si if yours ever go down let me know :-), can get your d8b running 5.1 with all fx open if wanted on flash or drive , did you spot the USB slot on the back ?? 🙂 🙂 🙂

here is a nice story skin, i wanted to try and have a song pro mastered so i sent it to Adam Vanryne.

http://www.vanryne.com/

now, no doubt adam has got very good ears, and then some.. and an ultra nice guy, so very helpfull with top draw advice.

i love the way hes so enthusiastic about other peoples projects, a rare breed in todays "just give me the cash" world,

when he got the track, he rang me right up and asked what i recorded it on so i told him the hdr and d8b, we then had a great conversation which i learned so much in our 30 min chat then i would in a year, he can hear the difference between stuff that has been sent to him recorded on a pc and other formats, and basicly with out expensive interfaces, pc, laptops were never designed to record hi quality full bandwith  wavs the A to D converters in them are cheap, when i said it was the hdr he knew it right away, he can hear the band width of the instruments and track or something like that, as these HDRs compress nothing to save space or process speed, clear as a bell, anyway what a nice guy, if anyone is REALLY thinking of getting a track mastered, give him an email, if he has the time, and i know he is a bizzy dood, im sure he will get round to try and help.

just a quick note.. if you are thinking of getting into recording and find the lap/top or pc with software a bit daunting.

then this is for you, as skin will tell you also it makes life so much easyer, so you can get on with doing songs with out turning you into a tec head, and then boring all your mates down the pub with your new super dooper pre amp with special db metering blahhhh.

as said i can show you it working and get you up and running in no time

cheers

Edited by funkgod