Why become a member? ×

GR Bass 1400 DUAL QUERY

BassManGraham

The specs on GR and stockists websites are a little confusing for the GR Bass DUAL 1400 head.

It is rated at 1400 Watt RMS into 4 Ohms, but I suspect the unit has two 700 watt into 4 ohm power amps.

I have two GR Bass 212 900 W 4 ohm bass cabs, which I assume would be ideal for this head, but if it were a single 1400 Watt power amp as specs infer I would not risk running into a 2 ohm load.

Can anyone confirm power amp output specs? Cheers  

6 hours ago, BassManGraham said:

The specs on GR and stockists websites are a little confusing for the GR Bass DUAL 1400 head.

It is rated at 1400 Watt RMS into 4 Ohms, but I suspect the unit has two 700 watt into 4 ohm power amps.

I have two GR Bass 212 900 W 4 ohm bass cabs, which I assume would be ideal for this head, but if it were a single 1400 Watt power amp as specs infer I would not risk running into a 2 ohm load.

Can anyone confirm power amp output specs? Cheers  

I was mistaken and confused like you. Apparently the duel is a single power amp, 1400 watts at 4 ohms. The One 1400 is 2 separate power amps, 700 watts each at 4 ohms, so can drive 2 x 4 Ohm cabs. I've been looking at this to drive my 4 ohm At210 and 4 ohm At112h

• Thanks 1

Many thanks for clearing that up Moscowbass.

Real shame the 1400 DUAL can't run into two 4 ohm cabs giving total 2 ohm load.

Wonder why the 1400 has two 700 W amps while the DUAL version only one 1400W amp? Can't understand the logic there?

So to use both my GR 212 slims, I'll have to stick with my Mesa Subway 800 plus which can handle 2 ohm load, or my trusty Genz Benz Shuttle Max 12.2 which has two 600 W amps! 

13 hours ago, BassManGraham said:

Many thanks for clearing that up Moscowbass.

Real shame the 1400 DUAL can't run into two 4 ohm cabs giving total 2 ohm load.

Wonder why the 1400 has two 700 W amps while the DUAL version only one 1400W amp? Can't understand the logic there?

So to use both my GR 212 slims, I'll have to stick with my Mesa Subway 800 plus which can handle 2 ohm load, or my trusty Genz Benz Shuttle Max 12.2 which has two 600 W amps! 

I also use a subway d800 with a d800+ di just now. Very happy with them. Was looking at the One1400 as a potential replacement for my backup amp, a Baby Sumo that can only run one cab at 4 ohms. The Sumo is great and was bought as a silent no fan amp for use at home and does the job well, but can't run 2 ohms. One1400 can have fans switched off for home use. The Mesa stuff is great, but can't buy them just now due to parts shortage.