Why become a member? ×

Musicman Sub 4 pickguards

Shonks

Just got a Sub bass - great sounding bit of gear - this is passive and and still sounds like the Stingray!!!

CRAP aluminum pick guard, looks like sh*t and because the screws are not countersunk they scrape the hand when your in slap mode.

Does anyone know if the standard Stingray plate will fit these - I heard the OLP plate wont fit a Stingray, so I was wondering if the the 'SUB' is different again!!

Anyone else changed the scratch plate - help us out - Cheers!!

Edited by Shonks

[quote name='Hamster' post='459100' date='Apr 10 2009, 10:25 AM']I changed the one on mine and the Stingray guards will not fit a Sub. There are quite a few places where you can get the Sub ones though.[/quote]
any suggestions where I can get a SUB plate??...does anyone know if the OLP plates fit then???..........cheers

Edited by Shonks

I'm certain that I got my Sub 4 scratchplate from WDMusic, but have just checked and they don't list them anymore. The advice that I got at the time was that the Stingray pattern pickguards would not fit, but I've just found a recent post on the ErnieBall forums that suggests the Stingray pattern will fit?

Time to try one from WDMusic and see if it will fit? - he's a really helpful guy there.

[quote name='Hamster' post='459147' date='Apr 10 2009, 11:24 AM']I'm certain that I got my Sub 4 scratchplate from WDMusic, but have just checked and they don't list them anymore. The advice that I got at the time was that the Stingray pattern pickguards would not fit, but I've just found a recent post on the ErnieBall forums that suggests the Stingray pattern will fit?

Time to try one from WDMusic and see if it will fit? - he's a really helpful guy there.[/quote]
Thanks ...I will.......cool pic by the way!!!.... :)

I sold my Sub4 to poorcow, and I think he was toying with the idea of selling the black abalone plate I fitted?

Worth a PM?

Here's the pics - [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtopic=41481&view=findpost&p=411498"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=411498[/url]

[quote name='Hamster' post='459218' date='Apr 10 2009, 12:47 PM']I sold my Sub4 to poorcow, and I think he was toying with the idea of selling the black abalone plate I fitted?

Worth a PM?

Here's the pics - [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtopic=41481&view=findpost&p=411498"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=411498[/url][/quote]
saw the bass - yeah, much more cool with a real plate on it!!!

[quote name='The Bass Doc' post='459209' date='Apr 10 2009, 12:35 PM']Any idea what finish you would want - I may have a spare pickguard around after making a copy for an EB Stingray.[/quote]
the bass is black, so pretty well anything would look better than the crappy stock one. What have you got?? I was thinking maybe a black with a white edge, or white pearl.....not sure,....

Edited by Shonks

I've found a black-white-black one which was copied from a real white one before the guy in question decided to go for tortoiseshell - the original white one may be available but I don't think it would do the look of the bass any favours. As you might guess I am able to copy guards in any standard colours that are available so once you make a decision I should be able to help by using the template I keep around

[quote name='The Bass Doc' post='459283' date='Apr 10 2009, 01:53 PM']I've found a black-white-black one which was copied from a real white one before the guy in question decided to go for tortoiseshell - the original white one may be available but I don't think it would do the look of the bass any favours. As you might guess I am able to copy guards in any standard colours that are available so once you make a decision I should be able to help by using the template I keep around[/quote]

how much for a black/white/black??

[quote name='The Bass Doc' post='459329' date='Apr 10 2009, 02:36 PM']£15 posted - Let me know if you want it[/quote]
if your sure it'll fit, I want it!!

if you have black/white/black gloss, I would prefer that if you have it - thanks

Let me know how you want to arrange it - I have a 'paypal' account if that helps!

I might be interested in a Stingray 5 plate after this if it works out well :) :rolleyes:

Edited by Shonks