Why become a member? ×

Maruszczyk, Opinions?

Teyeplayer

Hi folks, I’m a recent convert from guitar to bass which had exposed me to a whole range of brands that I’d not encountered before. In particular, I’m intrigued by the medium and short scale options that Maruszczyk offer. They look amazing, but I appreciate that is only part of the way there (I’ve owned a ‘few’ guitars over the years so know full well that looks drive gas, but the experience can be a completely duff one once you pick an instrument up). Just wondered what the collective wisdom and experiences of these are? Cheers.

Edited by Teyeplayer
Typo
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Teyeplayer said:

Thanks @Woodinblackthat’ll be my first not searching properly faux pas. Much appreciated, will take a read. 👍

Obviously its is easy to know something is there once you have been around a bit!

It should take you a while to get through. The long and short is they make fantastic basses in pretty much every combination you could want, and options that are hard to get anywhere else. The quality is mostly superb except maybe for screws and fittings, 90% of the time everything will be perfect, if it isn't they will fix it for you mostly but mr Maruszczyk can come over as a bit harsh. If you specify something, specify everything, don't make assumptions about what would be obvious, as it might not be!

I have a Maruszczyk, I love it, one of my favourite basses. However, I have had broken screws and mine also lacks string retainers which means I have to be really careful stringing it to avoid buzz. but honestly, I should just buy some string retainers!

Well I’ve made a start on the thread…it’s an interesting start that is for sure.

Safer to go through someone like bass direct, rather than direct seems to be my interpretation so far. Nice basses though and lots of happy owners.

Genuinely, thanks for the link @Woodinblack I had done a search and got zero back (perhaps I was searching a sub-forum?), so appreciate you taking the time to share it. 

Right, on with reading the 128 page thread… 🙂

3 hours ago, Teyeplayer said:

Safer to go through someone like bass direct, rather than direct seems to be my interpretation so far. Nice basses though and lots of happy owners.

Some very nice basses. Going through bass direct is an option if you want something general (or here, there are quite a few that pass through our marketplace), but one of the advantages they have is that they can do whatever you want. As you are at the beginning of the thread you will still be at the point where the only way to get one was to contact them and ask, wheras a few years back the configurator came out, and you could then automatically pick what you want, but there are still limits.

Mine for instance was configured the old way, which gives you options you cant get otherwise, such as the neck on mine, flamed maple with ebony and I specified the width at both ends and the thickness to be an exact match to my #1 ibanez neck. And it is. Blind you can't tell the difference (except the ibanez neck is actually a bit rougher due to the woods). Its also chambered for weight reduction with a 3+2 headstock, which at the time didn't exist as an actual model, although it is now close to an Elwood L24.

• Like 1