Why become a member? ×

FS: Lenzner 1310D full gut set double bass strings (heavily used) - *SOLD*
£75
CANTERBURY

More stuff to clear out, this time a set I had on my DB for about 2-years, probably gigged about 20 times and rehearsed about the same. They are showing considerable signs of wear and will need a bit of TLC from here (the odd trim and some oil), but having played them before Xmas they still sound lovely and still have quite a lot of life left in them. I used to carry them to gigs as spares for my current hybrid set but found that guts that haven't been at tension for a while don't make a good emergency replacement mid-gig. These are entry level guts but even so retail at almost £400 https://www.thomann.de/gb/lenzner_1310_a_darmsaiten.htm.

image.png.e4c2770ed1b1f119cea67209e6e1ecc4.png

This is probably a good way of finding out whether a full gut set is going to work for you and/or your bass without that rather mad expenditure (I bought these new from Thomann before the prices on them went crazy). I'll post photos of the set later today, apologies I'm not able to get to my studio until later this afternoon. Note that gut A and E strings are pretty substantial and might require some modification of your nut or even bridge. Note that this set has been on both 3/4 and 4/4 instruments

Cheers

Chris 

Edited by Beedster

I got these out today and they're actually in better condition than I remembered. They are far from new but they are still very playable and if looked after in the usual way should survive a few more years of playing. Note again that the E and A are pretty substantial, it's one of the reasons they do what they do so well, but it's also a bit of a shock if you're used to, for example Evah Weichs :) 

• Beedster changed the title to FS: Lenzner 1310D full gut set double bass strings (heavily used) **SOLD**