Why become a member? ×

POD XT LIVE...

BassMunkee

Hi all,
I bought a Pod XT Live today - it's great - BUT I have a question about the pedal, when it's in volume mode.
Regardless of whether I position the volume pedal pre or post the amp in the signal chain It cuts out the amp model but it doesn't cut out the effects. I have set the volume that it should be to 0 when the is down but I can still hear the effects.
Am I missing something?
I thought the whole point of a volume pedal was to mute everything...?
Or is this a stupid question and if so, why?? :)

Edited by BassMunkee

The volume pedal on mine doesn’t completely mute the signal, but I actually find this really useful. Other than that I cant offer much advice as I don’t really have a clue about the functionality of it despite owning it for almost 4 years! :)

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='456002' date='Apr 7 2009, 12:10 AM']The volume pedal on mine doesn’t completely mute the signal, but I actually find this really useful. Other than that I cant offer much advice as I don’t really have a clue about the functionality of it despite owning it for almost 4 years! :rolleyes:[/quote]
LOL!
Actually I was going to PM you, as I know you have one! :)
As it turns out it seems that it needed recalibrating, I found the instructions for it on the Line6 forum and also once I had upgraded the firmware on it.
So for anyone - (including your good self) - who doesn't know:
Hold bank UP and turn the unit on,
Release bank UP and press AMP to clear the settings then cycle the pedal to the heel down position, then to the toe down, until the WAH light goes on.
Then wait 10 seconds or so, release the WAH back to volume, press save and then cycle the unit.
That should sort it - seems to have done so on mine. (Currently at least)!
Other than that, SO FAR, it seems like a great piece of kit, though I have only had a couple of hours to play on it.

[quote name='BassMunkee' post='456049' date='Apr 7 2009, 07:35 AM']LOL!
Actually I was going to PM you, as I know you have one! :rolleyes:
As it turns out it seems that it needed recalibrating, I found the instructions for it on the Line6 forum and also once I had upgraded the firmware on it.
So for anyone - (including your good self) - who doesn't know:
Hold bank UP and turn the unit on,
Release bank UP and press AMP to clear the settings then cycle the pedal to the heel down position, then to the toe down, until the WAH light goes on.
Then wait 10 seconds or so, release the WAH back to volume, press save and then cycle the unit.
That should sort it - seems to have done so on mine. (Currently at least)!
Other than that, SO FAR, it seems like a great piece of kit, though I have only had a couple of hours to play on it.[/quote]

Ahh, very interesting, I might do this! You know what, I might actually plug the USB cable into it and see what I can download :D Never done this before as I didn’t really see much point in it, but I think I’ve been a bit too blinkered as to my “plug and play” mentality :)

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='456054' date='Apr 7 2009, 07:42 AM']Ahh, very interesting, I might do this! You know what, I might actually plug the USB cable into it and see what I can download :rolleyes: Never done this before as I didn’t really see much point in it, but I think I’ve been a bit too blinkered as to my “plug and play” mentality :)[/quote]
Well you see I'm the sort of person who has to plug everything into everything and press all the buttons IMMEDIATELY!
Um, there is a firmware upgrade available from line 6 - but you'll need to install the line 6 monkey and set up an account - if you haven't already done so. Takes about 10 minutes all in.
There's some "deep editing" software which I have downloaded as well... for future use...
(I know you've owned one for ages, so apologies if the above sounds a bit patronising, it's not meant to).

[quote name='BassMunkee' post='456110' date='Apr 7 2009, 08:56 AM']Well you see I'm the sort of person who has to plug everything into everything and press all the buttons IMMEDIATELY!
Um, there is a firmware upgrade available from line 6 - but you'll need to install the line 6 monkey and set up an account - if you haven't already done so. Takes about 10 minutes all in.
There's some "deep editing" software which I have downloaded as well... for future use...
(I know you've owned one for ages, so apologies if the above sounds a bit patronising, it's not meant to).[/quote]

It’s totally fine mate, and in fact it’s probably almost the perfect level of slight patronisation :rolleyes: - To be honest I should have tried these things out at least once in the last 4 years :)