Why become a member? ×

Building a Wal....ish

funkle

8 minutes ago, MrDinsdale said:

Звучит великолепно, я бы с радостью вставил эти звукосниматели и предусилитель в свой Jazz! Впечатляющая работа 🙌

Thanks a lot!  I am very pleased to receive such feedback!  In fact, the pickups play a very mediocre role here.  The whole point is for the pickups to be able to have a frequency response of at least 7kHz.  If the pickups have a lower response, the sound will be muddier and the pick attack will not produce the same sound.  In the wal circuit, the pickups are fed to a Zobel filter to filter out low frequencies at the input.  I took a different path and developed my own input stage, which creates conditions under which the pickup does not have a load, and its maximum frequency spectrum can be obtained.  This allows the wal clone to run with most pickups on the market.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MrDinsdale said:

I’m not going to pretend I really understand most of that but it sounds like it’s excellent 😂

Thanks a lot!  I plan to make some circuits in the near future to send out to musicians for testing.  I have three prototype boards, but they are large enough to be used without problems.  Perhaps I could send you one of them for testing, but I need some time to finish my personal affairs and fully finish soldering them.  You and I have different units of measurement, so I’ll attach a photo on a sheet of squared paper.  If this topic is relevant to you in the near future, then I think we would do it without any problems.

IMG_20240518_184459.jpg

IMG_20240518_185011.jpg

• Like 2