Why become a member? ×

SOLD

Dosi Y'Anarchy

OK, got some basses for sale, not interrested in trades as I currently have 5 basses and really dont need any more than two (and the Jaguar is on indefinite hiatus :) )

First up is my Yamaha Billy Sheehan Attitude Special - I believe its a 1995/6 model

I believe the Special was released as a cheaper alternative to the Attidude LTD model, but wasnt as cheap as the Attitude Plus. It doesnt have the dual outputs or scallopped frets, but does have the signature 'surf green' finish.
The Special has a [b]single output[/b], a p-style pickup and a gibson 'mudbucker'-style pickup at the neck. It has a volume control for each pickup and a tone control for the mudbucker. I upgraded the stock mudbucker with the [b]DiMarzio Will Power Neck pickup[/b] (which is what they use in the top-end models) and I replaced the P-pickup with a [b]DiMarzio Model One blade pickup[/b] - they person i bought it from claimed it was about 10 years old, but I cant confirm that.

[b]The good[/b]: the neck is amazingly playable, very quick, and from what ive manages to read about the Special on both BassChat and TalkBass - it may have a thinner neck than its higher-priced relatives. I generally play jazz basses and have had no trouble with the yammie whatsoever. Its capable of a very aggressive p-bass midrangey tone, or fat dub-style tones, the pickups can be blended together or used solo, but the tone control is only for the Will Power Neck pickup. This bass became my main bass over both my Jaguar and my Deluxe Jazz because of its ability to cut through the band, but still sound natural. The bass is passive, but by experimenting with the pickup and tone controls, there are alot of sonic varieties available.

[b]the bad[/b]: The single worst thing with the bass is that the fretboard has begun to come away from the neck. I actually hadnt noticed untill i was changing strings one time and what i thought was just a little stress line open up alittle under the relief. The separation seems to reach from the nut to midway between first and second fret. Its not been an issue for me, as once the strings are on, the tension is strong enough to keep everything in place, hasnt affected playing or intonation. The guy who does all my guitar work with me said that its a pretty simple job to fix, involving wood glue and a clamp, but that if i wanted it done, id need to leave it with him for a week, and TBH i just havent needed the work done. You could do the job yourself if you fancy it.

The bass also has a number of dents, scrapes and chips that are all visible in the pics (there is also some scratching on the body between the p-pickup and the bridge), and are of varying sizes and depths.

here are some more pics, both general, and showing damage. There are also pics here of my Ibanez, which is also for sale:
[url="http://s135.photobucket.com/albums/q143/dosiyanarchy/atk%20and%20attitude/"]http://s135.photobucket.com/albums/q143/do...and%20attitude/[/url]

[b]I will sort some detailed photos on request from interrested buyers.
[/b]

heres a Harmony Central page about the Attitude Special (although im not sure if the first review is, as the Special never came stock with DiMarzio's)
[url="http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Electric+Bass/product/Yamaha/Attitude+Special/10/1"]http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews...de+Special/10/1[/url]

The DiMarzio Will Power neck pickup cost me £120 only a few months ago. In the sale i will include the ORIGINAL pickups aswell as the Dimarzios.

The bass is [b]The[/b] rock bass, and as such, it has been rocked hard for almost 15 years, and has the scars to prove it.

I'd Like £299 posted to mainland UK, £275 for cash on collection. I am open to offers, but dont insult me - even with the damage to the neck/body, theres still £200 of pickups in there. Paypal or cash-in-hand. As mentioned, I am happy to post more detailed pics on request.

any questions, please ask. I can also post audio clips on request, but theres no point to that as it'll sound different through every rig.

Edited by Dosi Y'Anarchy

• 11 months later...