Why become a member? ×

Anyone heard of Sessions.com or Wall of Sound digital music festival?

Newfoundfreedom

I've just noticed I had a few emails in the band's email account, which I never really check because we only got together just before Covid and due to restrictions and safety, we're not even really a gigging band yet. I can only assume the sender got the email address via our YouTube account or Facebook page, which feature a few live practice performances. 

It was inviting us to take part in a digital music festival on a platform called sessions.com 

Now, colour me suspicious, but I'm always looking for the scam in unsolicited invites like this. So I was wondering if anyone on here had ever heard of this outfit. 

It looks like we've already missed out on this one, but if it's genuine it could be an interesting exercise to take part in a future digital festival. 

I've copied the email below to see what the hive mind thinks. 

Screenshot_2021-11-07-09-14-46-347_com.yahoo.mobile.client.android.mail.jpg

Screenshot_2021-11-07-09-15-05-997_com.yahoo.mobile.client.android.mail.jpg

Screenshot_2021-11-07-09-15-23-601_com.yahoo.mobile.client.android.mail.jpg

Screenshot_2021-11-07-09-15-33-031_com.yahoo.mobile.client.android.mail.jpg

Well, having done a little more research, it appears that the platform is genuine, but as I suspected, they invite pretty much anyone along in the hope that you will bring along some kind of fan base. The fans then buy "love" tokens which they give to the artists for varying amounts. Which can then be exchanged for cash. 

It is to Music what Twitch is to game streaming. 

It might be a bit of a laugh trying it out. We practice every week anyhow, so no harm in streaming part of it. But I don't think it will do anything in terms of building a fan base or earnings.