Why become a member? ×

April.s Bass Player,most boring ever ?

KennysFord

[quote name='leschirons' post='453654' date='Apr 3 2009, 08:27 PM']I used to buy Bassist mag. It then stopped being produced with the assurance that Guitarist would now be "Guitarist, incorporating Bassist magazine. Now, if you buy Guitarist mag, you get a £80 pactice combo and a £199 bass reviewed and nothing about any players.[/quote]
Is Roger Newell still listed as 'Bass Editor'? If so, he must have the easiest job in the world. I bet he's an absolute wizard at solitaire on his PC.

[quote name='Prosebass' post='453900' date='Apr 4 2009, 10:01 AM']I'm still buying up old copies of International Musician from the 70's and 80's. Best magazine there has ever been to give a full spectrum of players , gear and the industry as it was back then.[/quote]
God yes, IM&RW was a cracking magazine. Every month it was about half an inch thick and every article was worth reading several times. Sadly missed. Mind you, I think the music industry was probably more 'interesting' back then anyway. [/rosetintedoldfart]

[quote name='ARGH' post='455079' date='Apr 6 2009, 12:59 AM']ONE THING AS A TREND I AM BEGINNING TO HATE IS......
Asking the roadie for the equipment list..yeah ok,the tech knows best,but shouldn't the player learn the tools and know the job? Ive even seen blatant contradictions,in what the player 'thinks' he has and uses,vs what the tech says he has and uses.[/quote]
Hah! Yes, I remember an interview with Mike Kroeger of Nickelback... when it came to the question of amps, he said something along the lines of "well, Peavey sent us every amp they had, and me and my tech tried them all, and then my tech chose the best one...". :) I know a good tech is worth his weight in platinum coated supermodels, but there's no way I'd let one [i]choose[/i] my kit for me!