Why become a member? ×

Fodera bass.

G MAjor

[quote name='Marcus' post='50044' date='Aug 24 2007, 11:48 AM']I agree looking after children, the sick, the old and infirm is noble...... does anyone really need help in the way alluded to ?

OK so many a time i've paid £50 more for something than I could have done if i'd shopped around perhaps ! or I bought something on impulse without doing my homework. I got over it...... infact I wasn't bothered in the first place, I was happy with my purchase and my price. I wouldn't have thanked anyone for making me feel stupid and pointing out that I paid more than I needed.

I don't think what rears it's head on here is anything to do with "looking after" anyone else.... it's motivated by trying to spoil a deal for somebody, or put a spanner in the works. There's a sort of... "well I didn't get top $ for the last thing I sold so why the hell should this guy..... let's Piss on his chips"

Again....... I think it's motivated by envy in many cases.........

Let me say for the record, i've never had a sale "spoiled" on here so have no personal axe to grind on this issue, but I see it happening on threads and think it's wrong, this fodera sale is one of the prime (possibly worst) examples recently.......

Nothing is solved by committee, and an (initially) well intended "mob mentality" has caused many a problem in history[/quote]

Just to clarify, I think we're on the same page in that neither of us wants that "mob mentality" to take hold. My experience on here is that, going back a while, people watched out for genuine problems - dodgy goods, non-existent goods, items that were decscribed incorrectly (whether deliberately or not) etc. Which is probably where most forums start off at. I think when people are pointing out stuff like this, I feel that's reasonable. As for people "spoiling" sales, I'd like to think that's not the case, although I can see where you may get that impression from. That's my opinion, of course, and I certainly don't expect all to agree.

Edited by bassaussie

In fairness to Machines, if this had been on eBay ( a user with 0 feedback, a very expensive bass and curious use of spelling/language), it would have been straight in the "Is this for real?" scambusting posts.

Well done G Major for selling the bass though, I've yet to try a Fodera but do like the look and sound.

Cheers,
Alun