Why become a member? ×

Compact pedals that take a battery

ped

Just idle curiosity but who makes a super compact pedal that takes a battery?

As mentioned elsewhere I love my EWS Stormy Bass Drive - it’s tiny, very clever and sounds amazing. I wish EWS did a bigger range of effects but I started looking for other manufacturers who offer compact designs just out of interest (I don’t need any!)

One Control do a range of mostly guitar distortions although their filter pedal apparently works well on bass. 

Mooer and the like all make tiny pedals which require a power supply (and say ‘it’s so small there’s no room for a battery’ (well, EWS manage it…)) 

As an aside it always amuses me that Darkglass say they don’t allow battery operation for ‘environmental reasons’ - which kind of smacks of the same thinking that brought us the advert showing a man buying a Britta Water Filter jug (plastic, plastic filter) to reduce his plastic waste!! 

I suppose I like battery option because live I like to keep things really simple, and as my pedals get used infrequently and are mostly analogue I find they last ages. Something about the gadgety nature of it being self contained also appeals, I think. 

So do you know of any? By ‘compact’ I’m referring to 1590a size, smaller than a Phase 90