Why become a member? ×

Status S2 Classic 5. Mint.

Pete Academy

[quote name='Golchen' post='449326' date='Mar 30 2009, 11:42 AM']No price and no pix.

We're not really taking this seriously are we![/quote]

Sorry, just seeing if anyone's interested first. haven't had chance to take pics. But as I mentioned, it's identical to the one on Status's website, and is absolute mint. As far as price, I'm open to offers.

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='449364' date='Mar 30 2009, 12:11 PM']Pete, can you tell us what the serial number is (on the top of the brass string retainer at the top of the neck) please?

Rich.[/quote]

Hi Rich, there doesn't seem to be a number on the string retainer. All the hardware is black. There is a number directly under the tuners at the bridge - 10032957. Hope this helps.

[quote name='Monz' post='449366' date='Mar 30 2009, 12:14 PM']It's a Status, it's got 5 strings and it's mint

... there will be a hoard of BC'ers dribbling onto their keyboards in anticipation

And Rich, you can bugger orf... you can't have all of em for gods sake :)

Forgive my ignorance, mate, but I'm not an expert on Status basses. The selling enquiry is on behalf of someone else. Save the sarcasm for someone else.[/quote]

[quote name='Monz' post='449366' date='Mar 30 2009, 12:14 PM']It's a Status, it's got 5 strings and it's mint

... there will be a hoard of BC'ers dribbling onto their keyboards in anticipation

And Rich, you can bugger orf... you can't have all of em for gods sake :)[/quote]

LOL Glynn, that's a bit rude :rolleyes: No, I'm not planning on buying another 5-string S2, I was just trying to clarify what it was, out of pure interest.

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='449410' date='Mar 30 2009, 01:00 PM']Thanks for that, Pete. Looking at the serial, it's not late 80's. More like late 90's to early noughties. If it has the 3-band preamp (the three small controls under the larger volume and panpot) it's definitely much newer :)

Is it a headed or headless one?

Rich.[/quote]

It's headless. Small 3-band active control knobs. The wood is mostly quilt maple with birds-eye parts...quite unusual.

Sounds really nice - There'll be people queuing up for that one on here - Get some pics up asap and best of luck with the sale mate :)

Btw, judging by the serial and comparing it to some on the Status basses register, it looks like manufacture was around October 2003. Definitely an S2-Classic.

Edited by OutToPlayJazz

[quote name='Pete Academy' post='449279' date='Mar 30 2009, 10:46 AM']Status S2 Classic 5 string. late 80s. If you go to the Status website, this bass is virtually identical to the one shown when you click 'S2 Classic'. Original case. This bass is in MINT condition. Serious offers.[/quote]

Unless I'm missing something... the S2 Classic page has a whole list of different instruments.

Dear Pete Academy

There was no sarcasm in my post, I was pointing out that you have a very saleable bass that a lot of the members would love to own. I suggest you might want to read through things a couple of times before replying in future.

I was actually on the verge of making you an offer for it but to be quite honest I would rather shove live wasps up my arse.

Good luck with the sale