I have made a video lesson to help anyone wanting to learn 7th arpeggios.

Arpeggios provide you with chord tones which are the essential 'building blocks' for bass lines.  The notes of the arpeggio are chord tones.  It is that simple!

This lesson will give you five positions in which to play the maj7 arpeggio, getting you to play in different areas of the neck.  You can apply these five positions to other types of arpeggios too and use them to start on any root note.

The possibilities are endless and this is just what you need if you want to play exciting bass lines and get into playing walking bass.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By greghagger
      If you are serious about playing Blues and want to be prepared for a Blues jam night then you need to know about the 8-bar Blues chord progressions.
      There are more variations in the 8-bar than the 12-bar Blues, although both progressions both mainly use chords 1, 4 & 5.  So you need to know the particular songs that follow the 8-bar format.
      Popular songs that use the 8-bar progression are ‘Worried Life Blues’ and ‘Key To The Highway.’
      Find out all you need to know in my latest Youtube lesson.  
      This week's free PDF contains the important 8-bar chord sequences that you need to know and also recommendations for songs to listen to.  You can pick up the PDF using the link under the video. 
      Hope this is helpful for you if you are learning Blues progressions.  
    • By All thumbs
      Hi!
      Here's one from last year just before the curls came off lol.  It's a 70s funk/disco style line broken down note by note.
      Hope you enjoy it,
      Scott.

• By All thumbs
      Good evenin' all - I haven't been here for a while lol.
      I've gotten really serious about making bass tutorials again and hopefully some of them will be useful to fellow Basschatters.
      Here's the one I just uploaded...
      In this lesson I break down Louis Johnson's slap bass solo section from the Brother's Johnson dance hit, Stomp. I give you one note at a time in a really simple and easy to follow style.
      Hope you enjoy it,
      Scott.

• By greghagger
      I'm guessing you have seen Duck Dunn's awesome rendition of 'Sweet Home Chicago' in the Blues Brothers film.  
      This is the scene where Jake and Elwood escape from the police and the song goes on for a good seven or eight minutes!  
      Duck Dunn is playing all over the fretboard but still manages to hold down the bottom end and stay locked in with the shuffle groove.  
      I have made a Youtube video where I pull apart some of Duck Dunn's bass line and extract the riffs and techniques that you can use in your own Blues bass lines.
      I have resisted a simple 'teach yourself to play Sweet Home Chicago lesson' as there are loads of those already on YouTube.  But I try to distill the essence of Duck's bass line and give you something tangible to take away.
      If you are wanting to get ideas to help make your shuffle Blues bass lines more interesting then check out the video. 
      You can also transfer some of the walking lines to your jazz bass lines too. 
    • By greghagger
      Out of interest, do you have an area of music theory that you particularly struggle to understand?  

Do you feel that it is holding you back in developing as a bass player too?