Why become a member? ×

La Bella 5 Extra Long

I have a 5-string set of La Bella Deep Talkin' flats, 760FMBXL 49 69 89 109 128 Extra Long scale. They've been briefly on a 35" Spector Rebop and trimmed a bit, but there's still a lot of silk left for a longer scale neck. The problem I had with them was the E string sounded a lot less bright than the other strings. Could be the set just needs to settle down, but I went back to Rotosound. Don't think I still have the original packets, so they'll just come in a jiffy bag. Selling for £10 including 1st class post in the UK.

** NOW SOLD **

Edited by spinynorman

I'd like to try these after reading some good reviews.
Will they fit a standard 34" scale Fender jazz bass?
I like a smooth deep sound with no treble or brightness, so the dull E shouldn't be a problem for me.
In fact I usually change strings about every 15 years and I prefer them when they've settled in and lost their sizzle.
The ghs flats I have now are only about 8 years old, so I might be peaking too soon!

[quote name='redstriper' post='445190' date='Mar 25 2009, 05:46 PM']I'd like to try these after reading some good reviews.
Will they fit a standard 34" scale Fender jazz bass?
I like a smooth deep sound with no treble or brightness, so the dull E shouldn't be a problem for me.
In fact I usually change strings about every 15 years and I prefer them when they've settled in and lost their sizzle.
The ghs flats I have now are only about 8 years old, so I might be peaking too soon![/quote]

Sorry, they're already sold subject to payment.

Just for info, I haven't tried them on a 34" neck, but my guess is you'd be winding on beyond the silk. Also, apart from the E, I found them quite bright, so maybe not your thing.