Why become a member? ×

The eternal dilemma...

KASH

I have a GK 1001RBII head and a 410RBX. I want to add another cab. I know this has been discussed 1000's times before but I was wondering if anyone have experience with this particular rig. I'm looking for low end and obviously, volume. Play heavy rock. Here are both cabs specs. Alternative cabs ideas welcome too!

[b]410RBX Specifications[/b]

Impedance: 8 ohms
Power Handling (RMS/Program): 400W/800W
Sensitivity: 99 dB
Maximum SPL: 128 dB
Frequency Response (-3dB): 54 Hz to 19 kHz
Useable Low Frequency (-10dB): 31 Hz
Confi guration: 4 x 10” 32 ohm woofers plus Horn
Porting: Front Slot-Ported
Dimensions (W x H x D): 23.5” x 26.5” x 18.5”
Weight: 91.5 lbs.

[b]115RBX-II Specifications[/b]

Impedance: 8 ohms
Power Handling (RMS/Program): 400W/800W
Sensitivity: 101 dB
Maximum SPL: 127 dB
Frequency Response (-3dB): 50 Hz to 19 kHz
Useable Low Frequency (-10dB): 42 Hz
Configuration: 1 x 15” 8 ohm woofer plus Horn
Porting: Front Slot-Ported
Dimensions (W x H x D): 23.5” x 26.5” x 18.5”
Weight: 70.5 lbs.

I hope they are still up to date

[quote name='alexclaber' post='443593' date='Mar 24 2009, 11:52 AM']You've only just bought it. Learn how to get the best out of it before you start adding/changing things.

Alex[/quote]

Just doing some research, I'm not getting it NOW, various opinions are always welcome :)

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='443668' date='Mar 24 2009, 12:35 PM']Crikey Alex you have been busy. To the OP, my answer is the same as last time and the time before.[/quote]

Fair enough :) ...and Alex, thanks for the link mate, good stuff!

now...does anyone have this rig or played with it that can give an opinion??

[quote name='KASH' post='443693' date='Mar 24 2009, 08:50 AM']Fair enough :) ...and Alex, thanks for the link mate, good stuff!

now...does anyone have this rig or played with it that can give an opinion??[/quote]
The 4x10 you list probably has higher output capability than the 1x15, and probably goes lower than the 1x15, so if your intent is to get the most out of adding one or the other the 4x10 is the probable choice. 'Probably' refers to the fact that what limits low frequency output capability is the total driver displacement, and that spec, along with an SPL chart showing actual frequency response, is not available.
Anyone who does have this rig will say that the two cabs together sound better than either one on its own. But that's hardly definitive, as pretty much any two cabs together will sound better than either alone. Your only option to know which combination sounds better to you is to try both, side by side.