Why become a member? ×

My first, my last, my everything.

MirrorMan

With a nod to Radio 6 ..... My first bass, a Maya Jazz (well, at least the neck and body are... everything else has been changed over the years). My last bass, a Yamaha BBPH, bought yesterday, and very good it is too. My everything bass, a mainstay since 1980 (refinished 1975 model).

IMG_20210214_103258.jpg

• Like 3

Can't join I  with a photo as my first bass (a Kay) is long gone. If I remember correctly it's now being used as an anchor on cargo ship. 

My last is a Cort jazz, beautiful to look at and to play. 

My everything used to be my 80s Aria SB. Owned from new, battered and bruised it's survived through several marriages and about thirty house moves. But realistically the one I turn to now, and my main gigging bass is my Bruce Thomas Profile. It just fits. 

• Like 1

Ah,those Kay basses! I can't believe how much people expect to get for them on ebay! I've only ever sold about four basses, and the only one I don't regret moving on was a fretless Aria SB2000. I just never got on with it. Luckily I have a wife who doesn't mind having huge amounts of bass gear around the house..... there's four basses in the lounge now!

• Like 1