Why become a member? ×

SOLD (not in BC) Heavily modified MTD Heir5

margusalviste

SOLD!

Hi! I am selling all my basses except WTs. This time there's a wonderful bass from MTD - the heavily modified Heir 5 for sale.
This bass is made in Korea but it has been refinished. It has a thin Baby Blue Nitro finish now. When the original finish was strip down the bass started to sing almost like an US made MTD. It was really a big difference.
I also changed the tuners to US Hipshot Ultralites and bridge to Hipshot A-Style. All the harware is Golden except the knobs.
The pickups are hand wound by a local master builder Halvo Liivamägi and they sound loud and clear even without active preamp (in fact people don't believe that this bass is passive). There is always possibility (and place) to install the preamp though.
This bass has the best B-string in my collection.
I have invested more than 600 EUR into that bass. The original cost was 799 EUR. It is much better than US made Fenders.
The bass is in Tallinn.

A SPECIAL SALES PRICE FOR THE COMING WEEK - 750 EUR. The buyer pays for the shipping. The cheapest shipping cost is about 35 EUR (Estonian Post), with insurance about 90 (DHL).

Edited by margusalviste

• 2 weeks later...

I just played this bass last night and guess what? It plays even better than one of my US made MTD353 (not the one I am selling right now in BC)!!! :) Amazingly good bass for the money. And still for sale!!!

PS! I played it against my friend's boutique Jazz bass yesterday and my friend had to admit that his 3000K jazz bass played and sounded much worse. :rolleyes:)

Edited by margusalviste