Why become a member? ×

Jam Nights near Islington

Gazm

[quote name='Musky' post='440119' date='Mar 20 2009, 11:17 AM']Not Islington, but not so far away is Ain't nothing but... in Kingly St, W1 every Monday.
[url="http://www.myspace.com/mondaybluesjam"]http://www.myspace.com/mondaybluesjam[/url][/quote]

And another jam organised by the same people is on near the Barbican, very near to Islington, at The Smithfield Tavern. I usually play there and they have a shortage of bass players so you'd definitely get on at least once.

[quote name='The Funk' post='440124' date='Mar 20 2009, 11:21 AM']And another jam organised by the same people is on near the Barbican, very near to Islington, at The Smithfield Tavern. I usually play there and they have a shortage of bass players so you'd definitely get on at least once.[/quote]

Sounds interesting, what night is that one?

Pete.

[quote name='Gazm' post='442685' date='Mar 23 2009, 05:11 PM']Thanks for that, not far at all from where I'm staying.
I'll see you if you're there,

Pete.[/quote]

Pete, sadly I won't be there this Thursday. I'll be in the studio instead unfortunately. But do head on down there and tell Niall that Syed sent you - and that he is to buy you a drink on me (and I'll buy him one next week)!

Went to the jam last night at Ain't nothin but the blues, not sure how they manage to pack so many people in that place?
Enjoyed the music, thanks for that one Musky.

Will see about The Coach & Horses, depends what time we get done tomorrow thanks doc.
Shame you'll not be there Syed, is there a 'house bass' available in case I get the urge?
Cheers for the beer offer, I think I'll be leaving you one in though!

Thanks again folks,

Pete.

Had a great night once I found it.
A guy called Wayne kindly let me use his bass, I murdered a couple of blues numbers!

Thanks again Syed for your info,

Pete.

PS forgot to leave you a drink in - I'm back for another week at the end of June so may see you then.

Ah, Wayne the bald black dude with a blonde Precision? Nice guy. Used to be a session drummer before becoming a session bassist. He's pretty adept at both!

Glad you had a great time. Let me know about June - I'll make sure I'm free that evening and I'll see you down there!

• 1 month later...

[quote name='The Funk' post='447875' date='Mar 28 2009, 03:16 AM']Ah, Wayne the bald black dude with a blonde Precision? Nice guy. Used to be a session drummer before becoming a session bassist. He's pretty adept at both!

Glad you had a great time. Let me know about June - I'll make sure I'm free that evening and I'll see you down there![/quote]

Yeah, that's him, he played drums while I used his bass!

I'm treating Mrs Gazm to a few days in London next week for her birthday, do you know if the jam night will be on on 14th May?
Planning on being there if it is.

Cheers again,

Pete.

[quote name='The Funk' post='440373' date='Mar 20 2009, 04:41 PM']Thursday night. It's very relaxed and informal but there are still some very good players from time to time.

Starts at 8.30pm and finishes about 3 hours later.

I think the address is 105 Charterhouse Street.[/quote]

Bugger bugger bugger.
I live next to the Barbican and didnt know about this. Thursdays is the one night i have to baby sit.
one more bugger.

• 1 month later...