Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Fender American Standard P Bass 2008

Jono Bolton

Afternoon Basschatters!

I'm thinking of moving along this Fender P Bass I acquired a couple of months back. I've decided this is not the bass for me, as I'm not really a fan of the body shape or the neck. It doesn't need to go urgently though, so I'm not too bothered if the thread is about for a bit.

I bought it back in January from Clarky, who I believe bought it from Old Horse Murphy. I've not played it much in the 2 months it's been with me, and as such, it's in exactly the same condition now as it was when it arrived with me i.e. very, very good. The only addition I've made to it is putting on a Dimarzio clip lock strap, which I'll remove and put the original strap pins back on.

The build quality is fantastic and the sound is top quality, some proper P Bass thud with just a hint of growl too. The main reason I don't use it is because it's an MIA, and it's all shiny and fancy and expensive, I'm basically afraid to use it in case I put a massive ding it. As a result it's in great shape, just a few of the lighest of scratches on the back and that's it. It's also light as a feather, and currentlt strung with La Bella Deep Talkin' Flats for that smooooooooooth P Bass tone.

The tortoise shell scratchplate is replacement from WD that Clarky put on it, and it's much nicer than the original Fender one. The bass also comes in Fender hardcase, so shipping is a possibility. Also comes with a manual, truss rod adjuster, keys for the case and some tags as well.

The pictures are courtesy of Team Clark, for which I'm very grateful.

[attachment=22338:clarky_basses_119.JPG]

[attachment=22339:clarky_basses_117.JPG]

[attachment=22340:clarky_basses_116.JPG]

Edited by Jono Bolton

Hi I have the ASAMA bass that ARENA had on the site a few weeks ago. Do a search and see the photos. It is a 1970"s made in japan bass with a whole set of tricks ie distortion effects etc, I think it may be the only one in the UK, PM me if you would like a trade? COLIN