Why become a member? ×

Power Adaptors for multi pedals

Ukelele Salad

I'm sure this has been discussed before but i'm still a bit confused see.

I'm looking to run:
ebs octabass (9v 10mA)
roland RC-20 looper (9v 120mA)
JD Bass Wah (9v not sure on Amp)
EH Bass Big Muff (9v 100mA)
Akai Unibass (9v 200mA - apparently)

off one power supply and still have room for expansion...

All pedals naturally recommend their own power supply but what're the actual risks in running these off one supply - and what supply should i be looking for? Any help much appreciated

Ta
Dai

Any dc power supply capable of delivering 1A or higher should do the trick (with those pedals you're drawing about 600ma).The Diago Power Station gets a lot of thumbs up and handles up to 3A.

You want to check that any pedals you use take dc power (most do), whether it's positive or negative ground (most are negative, but you'll need a separate supply for those that aren't) and the type of socket they've got Diago do adaptors).

[quote name='Musky' post='439550' date='Mar 19 2009, 06:37 PM']Any dc power supply capable of delivering 1A or higher should do the trick (with those pedals you're drawing about 600ma).The Diago Power Station gets a lot of thumbs up and handles up to 3A.

You want to check that any pedals you use take dc power (most do), whether it's positive or negative ground (most are negative, but you'll need a separate supply for those that aren't) and the type of socket they've got Diago do adaptors).[/quote]
i'd be careful because i think I broke my pedal last night by using a 200mA adaptor with a pedal that requires 23mA :/

[quote name='Currrls' post='439712' date='Mar 19 2009, 08:51 PM']i'd be careful because i think I broke my pedal last night by using a 200mA adaptor with a pedal that requires 23mA :/[/quote]

Very unlikely. As long as the voltage is correct the pedal will only take as much current as it needs. Think of a car battery, it can deliver hundreds of amps to the starter motor however it will run just the clock, alarm or radio which require less than an amp.

[quote name='obbm' post='439850' date='Mar 19 2009, 10:51 PM']Very unlikely. As long as the voltage is correct the pedal will only take as much current as it needs. Think of a car battery, it can deliver hundreds of amps to the starter motor however it will run just the clock, alarm or radio which require less than an amp.[/quote]
yeah thats what i thought, but its deffnetly stopped working!!