Why become a member? ×

Deep Purple Cover - Tokyo

Phil C

Hi All

Deeper Purple have done a few "lockdown" videos - as our gigs for this year have been cancelled, and only myself and the drummer now live in the UK.  Anyway, the latest is Woman From Tokyo - which I dragged my PC to a rehearsal space, and recorded drums and bass (whilst filming) directly onto Cubase (using a Behringher USB mixer). The bass was DI'd directly from my Sansamp Bass Driver DI.  Next were guitars which were sent to me as WAV files from Spain - and then Vocals from Greece and Keys from USA.  Check it out - we hope to record a few more of these in the coming months. 

Video was mostly mobile phone footage, and a go pro over the drum kit.  I put the video together using PowerDirector.  Seemed to work pretty well.

Let me know what you think.....or have any questions.....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PaulThePlug said:

Enjoyed that...

Can i put a request in for Sweet Child In Time? an all time fav of mine.

Hey Paul - we have a video of us doing that live!  It's a long one, but I think we did manage to get stems from the mixing desks - so please enjoy!  The vocals are pretty damned good!!

The other thread running, Sad Songs... thought about Sweet Child in time... such a Haunting Song, and and a great use of reprise...

You previous vid was good, like the juke box IN and OUT - 80's but fun...

Summer Shoot? Shorts? Shorts with Turn Ups?

Gonna now get back to joining you in Preston in '18! 

10 minutes ago, PaulThePlug said:

The other thread running, Sad Songs... thought about Sweet Child in time... such a Haunting Song, and and a great use of reprise...

You previous vid was good, like the juke box IN and OUT - 80's but fun...

Summer Shoot? Shorts? Shorts with Turn Ups?

Gonna now get back to joining you in Preston in '18! 

Ahem, shorts!!  - yes the drums and bass were done at the end of this summer, and the guitarist lives in Spain, so he always seems to have great weather.  It took a while for the other chaps to do their vids, so we only released this a couple of weeks back..... Regards the juke box - our manager fancied a cameo, and he has this in his living room - so that was an easy option, and a bit of fun!  Cheers Paul

Looks like you were all havin' a ball...

Missing the club gigs... good set up my was the Beaverwood Club and Boom Boom Club, sorted by a Pete Feensta - covers bands and American Blues Imports... all to Covid-Quiet!

Has ya Keys man done something different with his hair? 😉

Enjoyed that!