Why become a member? ×

** WITHDRAWN ** Fernandes FRB-60 Revolver Bass MIJ 1992
£150
East Herts

Sharkfinger

Bought this at the beginning of the year from a seller in Japan.  What attracted me to it was it very low weight: 3.09 KG (6.81lbs), as I have a bad back.  Balances very well, with only the merest hint of neck dive (but I'm very, very picky about that). 

It's a well made and lovely sounding instrument.  The split-coil pickup is about 3cm further back toward the bridge (as measured from 12th fret) than it would be on a traditional P, so sound tighter and growlier.

Think of an Ibanez Soundgear with a bit wider nut (40mm).  Basswood body, maple / rosewood neck.  13 3/4 " radius but doesn't feel to 'flat'

£150 Delivered to Mainland UK, a soft gig-bag is included.  You can also come round and try it out.  Only selling, as I want to get my hands on a short or medium scale, so if you have one we might be able to do a trade.

Plenty of dings and scratches, has had a full life.

For the sake of full disclosure, there is an issue with the neck (there would have to be for that price).  There was fret-buzz higher up the neck so I took it to my tech.  He tells me that it's straight and the truss rod works, but it doesn't have as much effect on the first 5 frets on the neck, so can't set the relief exactly as he'd want. He's put a slightly heavier gauge of strings on (.110) and the action at about the 12th is a little higher than I'd like ideally but it plays very well.

EDIT: the heavier gauge strings is because my band play downtuned and I don't like losing string tension.

I bought another neck off eBay with a similar length of neck heel that would need re-shaping (maybe a little short) which I'll include (currently for sale in Other Musical Items).  As it plays so well, never had to go down that route.

IMG_6233.jpg

Edited by Sharkfinger
  • Like 1

• MB1 locked this topic