After hearing about the passing of Rocco Prestia, I had a night of playing his awesome bass lines. 

He has such a unique sound which I found pretty hard to get near. 

But all I same, I have pick five of his bass lines and made a lesson.  There are so many classics to choose from, but these are my particular favourites. 

Hope you like them. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By dave84
      This was the second song I learned to play a few years ago with the bass: this famous Muse song is not at all difficult to play but it requires a lot of concentration and stamina and many years it was really useful to me to learn to play octaves with bass!! 😅
      Here is my bass cover!
      https://youtu.be/chfDyT9ARwQ
    • By All thumbs
      Hi!
      Here's one from last year just before the curls came off lol.  It's a 70s funk/disco style line broken down note by note.
      Hope you enjoy it,
      Scott.

• By BassLard
      A while ago I made a video playing a compilation of basslines from The Cure, and since I left out of the video the song "Fascination Street", a lot of people who actually saw that first video asked me to play that tune too, since it´s a very iconic bassline amongst the band´s discography.
      So in response to those comments (some of them included in the video) I grabbed my bass yesterday and recorded it too, including tabs of what I play as usual.
      Hope you enjoy it,
      Greetings!

• By All thumbs
      Good evenin' all - I haven't been here for a while lol.
      I've gotten really serious about making bass tutorials again and hopefully some of them will be useful to fellow Basschatters.
      Here's the one I just uploaded...
      In this lesson I break down Louis Johnson's slap bass solo section from the Brother's Johnson dance hit, Stomp. I give you one note at a time in a really simple and easy to follow style.
      Hope you enjoy it,
      Scott.

• By dave84
      The Eighties were a wonderful time for many reasons: fashion, entertainment, culture, sun, palm trees and of course ... music! In that period, many successful hits were published that over time have become the very symbol of those years, giving us an unprecedented musical treasure. But the Eighties were also a golden period for our beloved instrument, the electric bass, the absolute protagonist in many songs of those years. As in the case of this hit by Kajagoogo, a bass line completely in slap simply amazing but above all with a melodic and sensible use of this technique. Here you find my bass cover, I hope you like it!

What's your favorite bassline from the eighties?