cbd

Ibanez SR756-NTF 6-string bass with Nordstrand P/J pickups REDUCED £575, will post
£690
Cambridge, UK

Hi!

For sale is an extremely rare Ibanez 6-string P/J bass - in fact pretty much the only model I've seen with a P pickup.The electronics are also really cool - high output pickups mean that you can toggle passive/active mode without the usual drop in volume you get on most active basses - so you can swap from passive P tones to punchy active modern tones in seconds, without switching amp inputs :)

Specs:

• SR6 5pc Jatoba/Bubinga neck
  • Bubinga top/Mahogany body
  • Rosewood fretboard w/Abalone oval inlay
  • Medium frets
  • Accu-cast B306 bridge
  • Nordstrand CND P/J pickups
  • Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ/Eq bypass switch (passive tone control on treble pot)
  • Black matte hardware

Condition is used, but only just - I got it just over a year ago, but it's not been out loads (gigs have been pretty slow recently for some reason...). A few tiny marks here and there if you look closely - the worst is probably at the edge of the end of the headstock (opposite "R in SDGR" - visible in the photos). Otherwise it's working great!

Light (well, for a 6 string) at 4.8kg / 10.6lbs

16.5mm string spacing at the bridge, and 44mm from the centre of the B to centre of the C at the nut. Neck width is 53mm at the nut.

Now looking for ~£575. I might consider trades + cash for something cheaper too if it helps :)

I'm based in Cambridge - collection would be ideal, but I don't mind driving a bit further afield to drop it off, or can post for £20.

Any questions let me know, cheers :)

IMG_20200912_215756.thumb.jpg.1e834290ddfb458f654e506b21d29e99.jpgIMG_20200912_215725.thumb.jpg.45829ceee572e92efe2c5c725d65b706.jpgIMG_20200912_215923.thumb.jpg.fbb61364455bfba27d3a42ef44fb930b.jpgIMG_20200912_220045.thumb.jpg.f5f174c70e7b89064f84a50f4c96cde7.jpgIMG_20200912_220200.thumb.jpg.b5b31062b2f0ea7d57b1eba1aa07a774.jpgIMG_20200912_220429.thumb.jpg.294d09ee5860b893cf25965ad742cae9.jpgIMG_20200912_220503.thumb.jpg.945b3e7b255283c4377a904026694a9b.jpgIMG_20200912_220631.thumb.jpg.ae8d7b13eeb9b8c8ec938759268f4db3.jpgIMG_20200912_220312.thumb.jpg.1d55264d9f88eccb09a67c271ffcc685.jpg

Edited by cbd
postage
  • Like 2

On 02/10/2020 at 22:27, Richard R said:

GLWTS ! 

Thanks!

I've finally bitten the bullet and put it on eBay now :(

But in the meantime I also recorded a quick demo (first time I've done anything like this!), as I realised there are pretty much no sound examples anywhere on the entire internet for this model. Linked on this post if anyone's interested :)

if

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Hellzero
      Active IBANEZ AFR-P (P-Bass) pickup completely wired with volume, tone pot, capacitor, battery plug and screws, but no output jack.

For sale only.

Asking price including shipping fully insured with tracking number to your place in these European countries (ask for other countries) : Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France (excluding French overseas departments and territories), Germany, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Monaco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom : £25 GBP !!!

In fully working condition.

Non-smoking environment as usual.

Selling only because I have no further use of it as it's been removed from a bass now totally passive.

What you see is what you get !

Look at the pictures to see the real condition : used.

Don't hesitate to ask for more.

• By deanovw
      I am selling this P/J Jazz bass with EMG electronics.
      I have over £800 in materials invested in this bass so I am selling it at a loss. I just want to move it on so that I can start on the next builds I have planned.
      The the body and the neck are painted in nitrocellulose from a rattle can. The finish on the body is not 100% perfect and there are a few tiny rub throughs of the black. Perfect for a relic finish if you are into that kind of thing.
      Hardware is:
      The body was bought new from pcguitars on ebay USA. It was an unfinished Alder P/J Jazz body that fits Fender necks P250
      The neck is of unkown origin. The flame in the maple is lovely.
      38mm nut.
      Tuners - lightweight hipshot - Black
      Pick ups - Kent Armstrong J and P pickups
      Electrics - EMG Active - One volume per pickup. EMG BTS Control, 2-Band EQ for bass guitar, features broader single-pole filters. High and Bass +/- 12 db, 4 selectable frequencies for the treble control (2100, 3500, 4500, 7000 Hz
      Bridge  - Goto - Black
      Weight on my not very accurate bathroom scales = 3.7kg
      Gig Bag included
      Any questions please ask.
      Location is Exeter. I would rather not post as I don't have a hard case for it. Happy to meet up (safely) within reasonable distance.

• By Status09
      REDUCED TO £460
      Selling an INCREDIBLE 2013 Fender Modern Player Jazz Bass with the sought after 30” short scale length in beautiful trans White Blonde with a 3 Ply Tort Pickguard, P/J configuration Pickups, Rosewood fretboard and a Fender Hi Mass Bridge. 

Only around 200 of these were Made in China in 2013 so grab a beautiful example of a rare, amazing sounding and easy to play Fender Modern Player Jazz that’s a little different because of its shorter 30” scale length (like a Mustang bass), and the incredible sounding P/J pickup configuration.

Bass is in fantastic condition with only one slight ding on the back of the headstock (pictured below the serial number), a slight scratch on the back of the neck (doesn’t affect feel or playability at all) and there are two holes in the scratch plate if you wanted to insert a thumb-rest / tug bar as is quite popular on a lot of basses these days.

The high gloss urethane lacquer over the white blonde finish really is phenomenal - the photos just don’t show how clear the wood grain shows through the lacquer! This was a common finish (in different colours) on many of the Fender American Deluxe series of bases in the late 90’s / early 00’s.

The P/J pickup configuration provides classic, punchy tones having the best of both, and the short scale length makes this bass perfect for live and recording. 
      It’s a much more versatile bass (IMO) than the Fender JMJ signature bass or any other Mustang Bass / Short Scale Fender because of the versatile pickup configuration, and it’s ideal for any player who prefers a lighter weighing bass (great for those who play longer gigs!) 

The scale = Short Scale, 30" (762 mm), according to official Fender specs.

The Fender high mass bridge provides more contact to the body, increasing sustain and enabling perfect intonation with the adjustable bridge saddles.

It comes with a one piece 3-ply tortoiseshell pickguard that also replaces the chrome control plate on standard Jazz basses - a nice touch aesthetically.
      The bass has been fully set up, cleaned and intonated ready for the new owner. 
      Full specs can be seen here: https://www.gak.co.uk/en/fender-modern-player-short-scale-jazz-bass-white-blonde/100117

Bass doesn’t come with a gig bag or case unfortunately. 

Cash on Collection ONLY (WON'T BE POSTING) from North Greenwich in South East London, adhering to social distancing rules, thought I may be able to deliver depending on your location (I travel to the Midlands quite frequently).

If you would like any more photos or information please don’t hesitate to get in touch! 

VIDEO: 

• By sandraupata
      Hello guys
      My name Sandraupa but you can called me upa , im live in indonesia which is a famous country for Ibanez sr premium and ibanez sr prestige that made a bass with our high quality woods, and high quality control

Gear :
      Ibanez SR 305 IPT 2009 as my primary and for live performance
      Ibanez Premium sr1605 ntf as my backup and of course for youtube session
      For Live Performance : Hartke Bass Attack Vxl and Boss CS 3
      For Recording im using : POD BASS XT LIVE
      Cable : Samson Technology

Genre :
      im usually playing genre Rock and metal , but sometimes playing Rock Alternative

Time :
      im Have Been playing bass from 2004 and present and my first bass is aria pro 2

Social Media :
      you can also find me on
      Instagram: http://instagram.com/sandraupata
      youtube : http://www.youtube.com/c/SandraupaChannelIDN
      Twitter : http://twitter.com/sandraupata
      Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/SandraupaTA