Why become a member? ×

-

Smokie

Is this the same bass as on Ebay with a Buy it Now price of £1050 ? [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1970-1971-GIBSON-EB3-BASS-RARE-SLOTTED-HEADSTOCK_W0QQitemZ260377807377QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item260377807377&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318"]Ebay link[/url]. Why the premium for Basschat members ? :)

Edited by loweringthetone

Hmmm :) . This is a bass community not just another free classifieds, and pulling this sort of trick doesn't go down well. If you're a bass player or enthusiast, please introduce yourself, contribute to the forum, and welcome. If youre not, then you may get a better response from Loot. Theres a section on this site in Marketplace for Ebay links and IMHO this needs to go there.

[quote name='josh3184' post='435397' date='Mar 15 2009, 06:34 PM']to be perfectly honest, I thought that price queries were the realms of PMs?[/quote]

I wasn't going to make an offer, I was just browsing and discussing the vintage basses.

I think you should be able to consider prices with other basschatters because then the less experienced players won't get a poor deal.

Slotted headstock or not, it ain't worth £1300, perhaps his ebay price is better...

I don't care whether he's trying to rip us off because were on a bass forum.

EB's are still one of the most limiting basses I know.

all I meant is that if you disagree with the price, its normally better to pm him instead of making him out to be a dick to everyone on the forum. Who knows, maybe he has been misguided by someone as to the price people would pay here, but is a perfectly nice guy in real life? We'll never find out now as he's no longer on the forum and will never return, plus will now tell people of his bad experience if asked about basschat.

[quote name='josh3184' post='435435' date='Mar 15 2009, 07:29 PM']all I meant is that if you disagree with the price, its normally better to pm him instead of making him out to be a dick to everyone on the forum. Who knows, maybe he has been misguided by someone as to the price people would pay here, but is a perfectly nice guy in real life? We'll never find out now as he's no longer on the forum and will never return, plus will now tell people of his bad experience if asked about basschat.[/quote]

You are right Josh. Ive noticed a recent rash of newbies asking the earth for basses just because we are a bass forum ( even folk asking higher than new prices) and this particularly blatent example of hiking up the price got up my nose. But I may have made one bad assumption here. Ooops :) ........Box of king size elastoplasts and a bucket of diplomacy at the ready for next time.

Edited by loweringthetone

i try my best!
I never said the price was good nor was I condoning what he was doing, all I said was that telling him it was taking the mick was the realm of private conversation :) now that he's no longer returning (as he has stated) its all academic. No hypocrisy there!

[quote name='josh3184' post='435694' date='Mar 16 2009, 12:12 AM']i try my best!
I never said the price was good nor was I condoning what he was doing, all I said was that telling him it was taking the mick was the realm of private conversation :rolleyes: now that he's no longer returning (as he has stated) its all academic. No hypocrisy there![/quote]

:) Haha

Ladies and Gentlemen! If we can kindly refrain from chasing new members away it would be much appreciated!

the subject has been discussed to death and if anyone has any qualms with pricing then a polite PM to the seller is all that is advised. If not you can be happy in the knowladge it wont sell!

Thankyou and Goodnight :)