Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

First Use Of New Lockdown Amps and Cabs

stewblack

Rehearsal today in Bristol. massive room so all good as far as soc dis is concerned. First time in a room with six other people, was a bit overwhelming, but I got through.

I took my RM500 12" combo with 12" extension, also popped my Elf in a back pocket.

Played mostly with the Ashdown rig but rreally struggled to get a sound i liked as the room isn't really finished yet, so many hard surfaces so much of a racket from the other instruments including something filling the bottom end of the sound to the point where i stopped playing and no one noticed. The Elf through the two Ashdown 12s actually cut through more in the mix and if nothing else i know both these set ups can comfortably cope with a 7 piece noise fest. I suspect the room was responding to a frequency or a vocal mic was picking up one of the guitars. To be fair we were all a little bit over enthusiastic but two of us did try to get a sound check in before we kicked off. the vocal harmonies in the band are really good but when everything is louder than everything else who can tell?

Anyway, I know the new rig can handle the volume, I'll wait till i'm with my four piece to hear the more nuanced subtleties of my new gear.

• Like 2