Why become a member? ×

FS: **Blow out Price**Fender US 60th Jazz bass

ingenius

Fender US 60th yr celebration jazz bass It Has the 60th plaque on the back of the headstock..Awesome sounds and looks gorgeous in Black and maple. Fitted with Badass 3 bridge, Seymour Duncan Antiquity 2 pickups and Audere JZ3 preamp control. also included is all case candy and its original Fender hard case. Bought September last year brand new and professionally refitted and set up. I still have all original parts inc white pick guard if you want it back to factory, but just look hear and play and you wouldn't want to. Never gigged and much cherished. feel free to ask any questions, more piccys or test drive at mine..
[b]NO TRADES UK ONLY[/b] : Buyer to collect or pays postage but wouldnt like to post really !!
£600

OH and Flat Eric is not for sale.

Keith M

Edited by ingenius

You are quite correct, this one hase the silver 60 plaque on the rear of the headstock, and i guess should be called a 60th Celebration, obviously built in Fender`s 60th or diamond anniversary year.
For info i had a bejewelled 60th AnniversaryP Bass.. it was so awful.
I will modify the heading to avoid further confusion.
regards
Keith M

• 2 weeks later...

Just to clarify a little, the little silver 60th badge on the back of the head just means it was made during the 60th anniversary year, 2006.

The "anniversary" models were actually metallic silver MIM basses.

Lovely S1-era jazz, though. I've played another similar aged Jazz with that Audere preamp & it was really nice sounding. Best of luck with the sale :)

Rich.

Edited by OutToPlayJazz

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='441763' date='Mar 22 2009, 02:47 PM']Just to clarify a little, the little silver 60th badge on the back of the head just means it was made during the 60th anniversary year, 2006.

The "anniversary" models were actually metallic silver MIM basses.

Lovely S1-era jazz, though. I've played another similar aged Jazz with that Audere preamp & it was really nice sounding. Best of luck with the sale :)

Rich.[/quote]
yes that is correct
albeit the REAL Anniversary models were MIA in sunburst with the bejeweled headstock and ruby fur-lined silver square hard case
regards
Keith M