Why become a member? ×

hartke ha3500

teaser360

[quote name='barneyg42' post='462630' date='Apr 15 2009, 12:59 AM']Well I have to backtrack on this, we put a couple of songs in our set to try tonight at rehearsal that really needed me to use a pick and I found that by putting just a gnats on the compressor it really smoothed it out nicely without losing any bite and tone. I then left it in with my finger playing too and it wasn't half bad. When I tried it out at Dr Funks place when I bought it we turned it up and it really sucked the sound away but at gig/rehearsal volume it's a lot more subtle as long as it's not boosted too much. It really was just switched on and no more.
It has to be said that this head with my Status S1 5string is the best sound I've had for ages. The valve side of the pre-amp warms it up nicely but it still retains the punch and clarity of the Status.[/quote]
Hmmm... I must admit that when I first tried out the compressor I did have it on 4-5/10, so maybe I was using too much? I've got a full band practice in a couple of weeks so I'll try just clicking it on at about 1-2/10 and report back if I've found new love for it.

[quote name='peted' post='462685' date='Apr 15 2009, 08:45 AM']Hmmm... I must admit that when I first tried out the compressor I did have it on 4-5/10, so maybe I was using too much? I've got a full band practice in a couple of weeks so I'll try just clicking it on at about 1-2/10 and report back if I've found new love for it.[/quote]

It's unbelievably subtle mate, but it defo does something.

That's a +3 for the HA3500. Traded my HA2000 up for a HA3500 and coupled it with the awesomly brilliant 410XL cabinet (although the cab weighs a serious 42kg!!) try lugging that up the back steps of The Grapes (Sheffield)... best amp/cab set up I ever had though, beefy as hell, I don't recall playing anywhere where I had to have it turned up much beyond 3 or 4.

Richard

Just received mine in the post from another member - bought as a back up for my Ashdown ABM RC500 EVOII. I dashed home at lunchtime and had a 20 minute plonk at bedroom volume and I have to say I'm very impressed with the sound - so much so that I think the Ashdown will end up being my back up head.

Bit surprised that there's no speakon connectors though - had to use instrument cable to connect my cabs.

[quote name='barneyg42' post='462630' date='Apr 15 2009, 12:59 AM']Well I have to backtrack on this, we put a couple of songs in our set to try tonight at rehearsal that really needed me to use a pick and I found that by putting just a gnats on the compressor it really smoothed it out nicely without losing any bite and tone. I then left it in with my finger playing too and it wasn't half bad. When I tried it out at Dr Funks place when I bought it we turned it up and it really sucked the sound away but at gig/rehearsal volume it's a lot more subtle as long as it's not boosted too much. It really was just switched on and no more.
It has to be said that this head with my Status S1 5string is the best sound I've had for ages. The valve side of the pre-amp warms it up nicely but it still retains the punch and clarity of the Status.[/quote]

Hmm very interesting! Guess I missed a trick there, but I never really got it to gig volume anyway..

Glad to hear it's sounding good Colin :)

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='465033' date='Apr 17 2009, 02:10 PM']Just received mine in the post from another member - bought as a back up for my Ashdown ABM RC500 EVOII. I dashed home at lunchtime and had a 20 minute plonk at bedroom volume and I have to say I'm very impressed with the sound - so much so that I think the Ashdown will end up being my back up head.

Bit surprised that there's no speakon connectors though - had to use instrument cable to connect my cabs.[/quote]

Be careful. Instrument cables are not rated to be used as speaker cables, though you might get away with it at very low volumes.

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='468386' date='Apr 21 2009, 12:43 PM']Should be an OBBM cable waiting for me when I get home tonight :)[/quote]

Got a couple of speaker cables from OBBM.......Brilliant quality! Same for the instrument cables too!