Why become a member? ×

Guys, I need some help

Hoppo75

Hiya folks,

I've decided to bite the bullet and purchase a new amp, and I've chosen the HA3500. However, a price search on the net has thrown up some questions.
I've found the amp for £313 all in on the net (new, from Great Deal Music), but it is the model prior to the HA3500a. I'm looking for some info from you guys as to whether or not I should muster up the extra doe to get the latest model, or would it make more sense to get this one, and what would I miss out on. From the Hartke website, the only changes seem to be cosmetic, but this is my first foray into the head market, hence need your help.

Main question is 'How different was the previous model to the latest one?'

I believe its the same except the 'a' model is in the sleeve and the non 'a' model has to be rack mounted. The 'a' model can still be removed and rack mounted provided you buy the rack ears.

I had the HA5500 which is the higher powered version of this amp

Have you seen the megathread on here about the LH500? more power and less fiddly buttons and stuff.

[quote name='Delberthot' post='428093' date='Mar 7 2009, 04:46 PM']I believe its the same except the 'a' model is in the sleeve and the non 'a' model has to be rack mounted. The 'a' model can still be removed and rack mounted provided you buy the rack ears.

I had the HA5500 which is the higher powered version of this amp

Have you seen the megathread on here about the LH500? more power and less fiddly buttons and stuff.[/quote]

Now you see.....that's what I thought.

After repeated calls to the guy at Great deals music, with me asking him to describe the HA 3500 that I'd be receiving, he has comfirmed that it's the model with the big white Hartke badge on the front in the centre, yet he also confirmed that it's definately not the HA3500a....I'm now massively confused. Either I've managed to get a bit of a bargain (a new 3500a for a lot less that most are retailing for), or the rackmountable transient attack model is going to turn up, and the guy told me a pack of BS (which will be returned under trade description act).

I'll wait and see

I've read the thread on the 500 mate, but I don't really need 500 watts, and if the newer 3500 does turn up, I'd have bagged a bargain.

Will keep you informed.

Edited by Hoppo75

Righto folks,

The amp has arrived, and I'm in love. However, the original post was to understand whether or not I was getting the very latest Hartke (in the wood casing) or the previous rackmountable job. I've checked against the Hartke website again, and I'm positive the shop have made a boob, as this

[attachment=21795:3500.jpg]

is what has arrived.

It is identical in every way to the Hartke website pics of the HA3500a. Also, as it turns out, it was an ex display model, without box etc, hence ended up paying £260 all in (inc next day delivery). The very same amp is retailing at Sounds live etc for £430 so I reckon I've hit a winner :)

Edited by Hoppo75