Why become a member? ×

Tacoma THUNDERCHIEF acoustic bass NOW SOLD

bobpalt

I imported this bass a few years ago from the States, because I had read a review that said it was the loudest, unamplified acoustic bass on the market. I dont think the reviewer was too far wrong, especially if you play it with a pick.

It has a large, but very light body, solid timbers (mahogany and spruce), and is in superb condition, with the exception of one little depression on the top, under the strings near the bridge (shown in one of the photos). I have no idea how it picked that up, but strongly suspect a low speed collision with a vacuum cleaner! Its really negligible though and doesnt show when you are playing it.

Its fitted with an L R Baggs system, and has a superb tone, amplified or not. Although large bodied, its very comfy to play, and comes with a fitted hardcase. This has a couple of little scars, as believe it or not, when it was sent over from the states, the seller didnt pack it at all, just stuck a label on the case and sent it as it was!

I would like £475 for it please, although I would be interested a swap for a Warwick Corvette $$? Thats the only thing though. It might be difficult to post because of its size, but I'm sure we could work something out.

[attachment=21244:TacomaKydd_002.jpg]
[attachment=21245:TacomaKydd_004.jpg]
[attachment=21246:TacomaKydd_007.jpg]
[attachment=21247:TacomaKydd_008.jpg]
[attachment=21248:TacomaKydd_001.jpg]

Edited by bobpalt

[quote name='vmaxblues' post='425081' date='Mar 4 2009, 02:00 PM']Just a quick note to say I was over at Bob's the other night and got to play this bass, it is very nice indeed and worth the money in my humble opinion, so someone buy it before I rush back over![/quote]

Don't worry, I'm on it! :)

Thanks Bob, it was a pleasure to meet you and your wife too- hope the gig went well last night! We ended up going for a picnic just outside Tewkesbury, before coming back into town to check out the Abbey and the local shops... thanks for the info!

The bass is fantastic by the way- can't wait to try it with the band! I also repaired the hardcase when I got home and it's sorted now... :)

For the record, Bob is a lovely bloke to do business with, and makes a great cup of tea too!