Why become a member? ×

HARTKE HYDRIVE - DON'T GET RIPPED OFF - READ THIS!!

muldrum

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi I have just had the most interesting conversation with the guys at The Academy of Sound. I have just been in to buy a Hartke HX410 Cab after searching the internet. I had to travel from Birmingham to Stoke on Trent about 1hr BUT WELL WORTH IT!!! Firstly I was made extremely welcome the price they quoted was honoured in-store and then...... I found out about the new cost of HARTKE!!

I may get bits of this wrong as most from memory!! Sound Technology had the distribution to HARTKE in the UK and it has moved to KORG UK, on doing this KORG have increased the RRP & Price to the Trade loads and the guy in Academy mentioned over £100 per item at Trade to retailers. I asked why they could do such a great price, They managed to grab the stock before the change over and are really championing the bass players by keeping the Price down. I am going back for the Hydrive 115 cab next month.

Just thought i'd share my experience.....oh and just one thing. This is the only Academy of Sound Store in the UK and just looked up their phone number 01782205100.

Hope this helps with the Credit Crunch!!

I work in the MI and unfortunatley we are seeing ENORMOUS price rises from most of our suppliers. 20 - 30 % increases in trade prices this year are about the average, some are far more.... I sh#t you not. Come to think of it, I can't think of any distributor that hasn't had to increase their prices. You may not have noticed much change in online prices, but I think this is mainly due to people trying to sell through the old stock. Believe me, you will see prices rise very soon across the board.

I had one customer come back to me who ordered a Roland Bass Cube online and then latterly received a call advising him that he would have to pay nearly an extra £100 on top due to price increases.

Blame the credit crunch/falling pound/ increasing cost of Chinese manufacturing blah blah blah...

Although its easy to blame the manufacturer/retailer/importer whatever the price of the pound has gone from nearly 2 dollars to the pound to 1.43

That means anything paid for thats imported will increase by 30% just for currency fluctuation. If you add to that vat and duties on this increase, plus freight etc etc, I think there will be a round of serious price rises on just about everything

I suspect manufacturers and retailers will try very very hard to keep the costs down , because they know they are in serious situation regarding future sales in the current economic climate

Anyone who has regularly imported from e bay us will realise exactly how much costs have gone up.

If anything, I suspect those manufacturers didnt pass on all the price savings they made when the pound was strong last year and the year before

I dont know much about Hartke or the change, but I suspect you are benfiting from stock bought at old prices rather than a deliberate intent to push up prices.