Why become a member? ×

Alien 12-21 'Flip Double Looper'

Rich

Right, here's the background... I indirectly 'won' this unit in the raffle at a national Bassbash -- what actually happened was that the guy who won it said he'd never use it and did I want it, I said yes please. It's a prototype made by our very own Alien, and like all his kit it is beautifully made. However, I've not used it since then and probably won't, and it's criminal to have something so cool gathering dust.
Like the title says, it's a prototype 'Flip Double Looper'... it appears to be a pair of independent switchable FX loops with a third switch allowing you to change the order of the loops if you want, i.e. bass->loop1->loop2->out or bass->loop2->loop1->out. Hence the 12-21 name. I think I've got that right, perhaps Alien might be able to shed some light..? It works off a 9v power supply only, there is no battery provision. Three switches, lots of red & green LEDs.
Anyway... like I said, I'm not using it and so I think somebody should. Having got it for free, I don't want to take any money for it, so it is up for grabs. The first person to reply gets it, BUT THERE ARE CONDITIONS.
[list=1]
[*]It's got to be USED -- please, don't ask for it unless you're going to put it into action. It's too good to be a paperweight.
[*]You are expressly forbidden from taking it and then immediately putting it up for sale to make a quick buck.
[*][b]You must send me a cheque for [u]at least[/u] £15 made payable to 'Alzheimers Society'[/b] -- this was the beneficiary of the Bash at which I 'won' it and is a cause very close to my heart, so more than 15 quid, while not mandatory, would be gratefully received.
[/list]I'll pay the postage. You can repay it by buying me a beer some time :)

This is the bargain of the century and will allow you to feel good about yourself whilst also netting you a tremendously useful and cool addition to your pedalboard.