Why become a member? ×

FS/FT: Ampeg SVT410HE - ON HOLD

mike257

Hi guys, just throwing this out there to see if anybody fancies it.

[s]I've currently got a set of Ampeg Classic series cabs, SVT410HE and SVT15E, both 8 ohms.[/s] - Ampeg SVT15E now sold!

[color="#C0C0C0"]I'm looking to change my current setup for a single 4ohm cab, and to that end, I'm offering up my Ampeg SVT410HE for sale/trade. It's about 3 years old, USA made, and has some battle scars to the vinyl covering but sounds the absolute business. It's 8ohm, 500w, and has a horn with attenuator on the back (i've had it switched right off since day one, I'm not a big lover of sparkly top end).

These currently retail at around £580. I'm open to offers of trades (with cash either direction as required) for Ampeg SVT610HLF, SVT410HLF, or anything else you have to offer that is 4ohm with minimum 500w power handling and of decent quality. I'm also up for a straight sale, make me an offer!![/color]

[b]Ampeg SVT410HE now on hold.[/b]

I also have a black 1980 Peavey T-40, in pretty good nick, that I'd be prepared to work into a trade deal. It's a cracker, but I've got more basses than I need so it's in the case feeling neglected! There's a Korg DTR-1000 and a Gemini 1U power conditioner that are currently surplus to requirements too.

Happy to trade the bass, cab and/or any of the other bits for the right deal ;)

I've not cracked out the camera yet, but if there's any interest I'll go sort some photos out. Let's hear what you've got to offer!

Cheers,

Mike

Edited by mike257

Which bits are you interested in mate? I hadn't decided on prices, if I'm going to sell, I'll be without a rig and I've got a few gigs coming up. I'll have a think and bang some prices up here later :)

Anybody got an SVT610 they don't want? You'll be doing ferguswads a favour!!

Yeah, it's the SVT410HE - 500w RMS power handling at 8ohms, plus a horn, with a nice big attenuator knob on the back of the cab for it. The horn has been switched right off since the week I got it, I'm not a big lover of mega-treble, but if you want sparkly top end, it's there. Here's the link for it on Ampeg's website:

[url="http://www.ampeg.com/products/classic/svt410he/index.html"]Ampeg - SVT410HE[/url]

The SVT15E is 200w at 8 ohms, and does all the thumpy lows you'd expect.

[url="http://www.ampeg.com/products/classic/svt15e/index.html"]Ampeg - SVT15E[/url]

I love the sound of the cabs, it's what I've heard in my head for years, but for reasons of practicality in sharing a small locker and a small van with a 6 piece band, I want to just use one cab, and that means 4ohms or my amp doesn't quite kick out enough for my liking!

Edited by mike257