Why become a member? ×

Sold : Fender 1962 Jazz Bass Project
£5250
Germany

For sale my Fender 1962 Jazz bass project
All the components are correct pre CBS parts, belonging

to the same bass, with the exception of the PG and the tuners.  The bass is not 100% complete and therefore 

not immediately ready to play:

The neck needs a refret and a new bone nut. As soon as you have done that job, this beauty is ready to rock !
The neck is very slim with a slab fretboard , dated 7 APR 62 A .

The stamp is barely readable and difficult to take a good picture of it. The truss works well in both directions.
The reverse tuners work  smoothly.
The body is very lightweight and has been stripped decades ago, it was sunburst as you can see in the neck pocket. You can see also the holes for the muting system between bridge and bridge PU ( i don’t have the mutes).
The pickups have the correct purplish windings, the foam is glued to the bottom of the pickups  ( see pictures) , i am afraid i cannot pull them out to make better pics.
The control  plate seems to have the original wires but two pots (VOL neck and Tone) have been replaced by a 66‘ and a 63‘ Pot .
Original Neckplate says 80xxx , neck screws are original.

New frets and bone nut are a small investment to make it a good player.
If the potential buyer wants to invest more, he can add a period correct body finish and PG and improve the value substantially.

I could sell all the components separately and get more money out of it, but i prefer to sell the bass as a whole project.

I will donate the selling price anyway to those who need it now in these Corona days.

A correct offer is welcome !

I have the entire bass for almost 30 years and i never had the need to put it together and play or sell it. 

I think now is the right time ! Contact me for more detailed pics if you are interested.

Stay healthy 

Edited by dafonky
  • Like 1