Why become a member? ×

Wiring in a pot.

waynepunkdude

Unless its an emergency i would just get a hold of one with the original value.Dont worry about it causing any damage or anything,like i said befor the sweep on the volume will be altered slightly with a bigger value mate.

Edited by YouMa

[quote name='YouMa' post='414724' date='Feb 19 2009, 08:42 PM']Unless its an emergency i would just get a hold of one with the original value.Dont worry about it causing any damage or anything,like i said befor the sweep on the volume will be altered slightly with a bigger value mate.[/quote]

Cool I may as well wait it was just a man thing to do while I was watching the football.

It's on a Yamaha project that I'm working that still needs loads to be done on it.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='414728' date='Feb 19 2009, 08:46 PM']Cool I may as well wait it was just a man thing to do while I was watching the football.

It's on a Yamaha project that I'm working that still needs loads to be done on it.[/quote]

I have a soldering fetish as well ,im building a fuzzface clone at the moment,i just hope the bastard works when i step on it.

[quote name='YouMa' post='414732' date='Feb 19 2009, 08:48 PM']I have a soldering fetish as well ,im building a fuzzface clone at the moment,i just hope the bastard works when i step on it.[/quote]

Haha the problem is that the house I'm right now only has 2 rooms so I have to solder on the living room floor, the missus hates me ;)

How do you go about making a clone of a pedal, do you have to get the circuit board first?

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='414738' date='Feb 19 2009, 08:50 PM']Haha the problem is that the house I'm right now only has 2 rooms so I have to solder on the living room floor, the missus hates me ;)

How do you go about making a clone of a pedal, do you have to get the circuit board first?[/quote]

You can draw your own pcb with an etch resistant pen from circuit diagrams on the net ,then you stick it in an etch solution(Ferric chloride) After it has been left for a while you wash it and scrub it with wire wool,you are then left with the circuit board copper tracks which you can mount your components on. Its a cool hobby,bit frustrating when things dont work,but i have now even managed to flog a couple to guitarists.

Edited by YouMa

Heres a couple of Tubescreamer clone PCB's in progress - got the bug rekindled a few months ago. This sounds bloody marvellous! One of the sweetest harmonic distortion pedals I have come across. The original (Ibanez) tubescreamers were seen by some as the holy grails of distortion stompboxes. Apologies for hijacking your thread! ;)

[quote name='Al Heeley' post='414893' date='Feb 20 2009, 01:00 AM']Heres a couple of Tubescreamer clone PCB's in progress - got the bug rekindled a few months ago. This sounds bloody marvellous! One of the sweetest harmonic distortion pedals I have come across. The original (Ibanez) tubescreamers were seen by some as the holy grails of distortion stompboxes. Apologies for hijacking your thread! ;)
[/quote]
Are you using transfer paper to do your pcbs or just an etch resistant pen,apparently you can use the iron method with staples photo paper,although i have not tried it yet.By the way cheers for those drawings al.