Why become a member? ×

))))gone!!((((John East MusicMan Pre w/ Mid sweep

Here for sale is a John East MM pre, with sweepable mids.

It was originally owned by OldHorseMurphy, who sold it to CrazyKiwi, who the sold it to me.

Neither me, not CK installed it...I got pretty close, but with the loosing of jobs and tightening of belts, it's time to move it once more!

Here's the [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=28053&hl=john+east"]original thread[/url], and it's still got the black knobs that were on it when I bought it.

As you can see, I got it for £80 +P&P, but cos I'm good to you guys, I'll pass it on for £80 incP&P.

Whaddaya say?

Edited by phil_the_bassist

Hi there
read a thread with john east a while back, and he said it will work with a stingray ray5,(same switching as a sterling) but you would lose the gain compensation, so using the switch would result in diffrent volumes between series/parallel/single coil, which wouldnt be a problem for me as i only use the parallel setting.
Very tempted by this for my sterling,(would go great with the nordstrand fitted) but by the time id bought chrome knobs for it,and had it fitted it would be too expensive at the mo, mind you, getting black hardware for my cherryburst sterling would look cool ;)
Anyone in the market for an EBMM sterling preamp so i can buy this!!!

[quote name='lee650' post='409890' date='Feb 15 2009, 08:47 AM']Hi there
read a thread with john east a while back, and he said it will work with a stingray ray5,(same switching as a sterling) but you would lose the gain compensation, so using the switch would result in diffrent volumes between series/parallel/single coil, which wouldnt be a problem for me as i only use the parallel setting.
Very tempted by this for my sterling,(would go great with the nordstrand fitted) but by the time id bought chrome knobs for it,and had it fitted it would be too expensive at the mo, mind you, getting black hardware for my cherryburst sterling would look cool ;)
Anyone in the market for an EBMM sterling preamp so i can buy this!!![/quote]

Ahh, I didn't realise that! Handy if you want a slight cut/boost perhaps?

Thanks for the info, can your sterling pre-amp easily work with two p'ups? if so, I MAY have a buyer for ya :P