Why become a member? ×

Hohner B2A help please

nig

Hi, A mate dropped in his hohner steinberg B2A for me to 'look at', as he said...your a bassist ! it looks like a heap, I need a lead for double ball end strings and wiring diag as it has at least 4 wires disconnected and the toggle switch was hanging out, any help is most appreciated. thanks all. nigel.

[url="http://www.status-graphite.com"]http://www.status-graphite.com[/url] - follow the link and your nose to find the double ball end strings - fab strings and brilliant value too.

I'd suggest contacting Hohner and seeing if they can help. Tell them that that it's an older model with the XLR output.

[quote name='Sean' post='408212' date='Feb 13 2009, 08:39 AM'][url="http://www.status-graphite.com"]http://www.status-graphite.com[/url] - follow the link and your nose to find the double ball end strings - fab strings and brilliant value too.

I'd suggest contacting Hohner and seeing if they can help. Tell them that that it's an older model with the XLR output.[/quote]

Thanks Sean.

You can get some Picato double ball end strings from Darren at The Bass Merchant in Colchester. His thread in just below these ones.... send him a PM.

Also, judging by the picture, it looks as though the active circuitry has been bypassed.

Edited by tombboy

[quote name='nig' post='408662' date='Feb 13 2009, 03:09 PM']Hey, thanks, all I need is a wiring diag, I wonder why the active was cut, I bet I'll find out when I eventually re connect everything ;)[/quote]

I had the Hohner B2V. Really couldn't make the preamp work for me at all and so always ended up playing it in passive.

[quote name='s_u_y_*' post='408716' date='Feb 13 2009, 03:49 PM']I had the Hohner B2V. Really couldn't make the preamp work for me at all and so always ended up playing it in passive.[/quote]
The B2V is a passive instrument. You sure it wasn't a B2AV (A stands for 'active')?

BTW, [[email protected]]mailto:[email protected][/email] this might help with parts etc...

I'm stripping a B2 and will not be using the existing pots/controls. Let me know if you need anything: having said that it is passive, they could be different and as the pickups are dead I have not tested what is the problem yet!

Also had a dodgy tuner so replaced it but had to buy 4, have 3 spare tuners and 4 bridges too!

Edited by yorks5stringer

[quote name='yorks5stringer' post='408785' date='Feb 13 2009, 04:46 PM']I'm stripping a B2 and will not be using the existing pots/controls. Let me know if you need anything: having said that it is passive, they could be different and as the pickups are dead I have not tested what is the problem yet!

Also had a dodgy tuner so replaced it but had to buy 4, have 3 spare tuners and 4 bridges too![/quote]

Are you doing this up as a project?

No Sean, Im a well known meddler with basses in my neighborhood and a mate dropped it in and said 'can you fix this for a mutual friend' so I said ok I'll see what I can do, it had rusty strings on it, looked like a crud ball, so far its cleaned up ok, i'll get a set of strings, feed n clean the fingerboard and if I can rewire it and its ok give it back, I may get a thank you and a few beers. ;)

[quote name='yorks5stringer' post='408785' date='Feb 13 2009, 04:46 PM']I'm stripping a B2 and will not be using the existing pots/controls. Let me know if you need anything: having said that it is passive, they could be different and as the pickups are dead I have not tested what is the problem yet!

Also had a dodgy tuner so replaced it but had to buy 4, have 3 spare tuners and 4 bridges too![/quote]
Got any bridges with a drop d tuner? ;)