Why become a member? ×

SOLD! Squier VM Mustang with mods
£250
Southeast Essex

Paul S

Moving on my Squier VM Mustang as I find I am favouring my recently put together Frankenstein for Fender flavours at the moment.  It is REALLY nice but seems a shame not to use it so off it goes as part of my spring clean.  These aren't that common, they weren't made for very long, but they are lovely little things.

It is black with a maple neck, short scale, I put a BWB scratchplate on it and a tug bar in approx the right spot.  When I acquired it a previous owner had already put a cheeky Fender headstock decal and F neck plate on it - both of which I decided to keep -  and also upgraded the pickup to a Nordstrand NM4.  Have to say you'd be hard pushed to tell it apart from a Fender apart from the weight - which is 3.5kg/a whisker over 7.5 lbs.  Back of the headstock is original and the serial number shows it to be a Cort made in 2011 and I would rate its condition as 9/10.  This one has the string through bridge - currently strung with TI jazz flats.  The neck is Jazz width, 38mm at the nut, with 18mm spacing at the bridge - neck is lovely, set up for my preference at 12th fret is approx 2.5mm on the E and 2mm on the G.  Neck has a very slight relief but the truss rod is fine if you need to adjust that.  Will come in a tatty but serviceable guitar hard case - I think it is for a Gibbo 335 shape but fits the Mustang a treat. 

Looking for just £250 collected from South Benfleet in Essex.  Could courier this to mainland UK for £20, more exotic destinations would need a quote.

My only trade at the moment would be for a Barefaced Supermidget, steel grill, with cash your way, or perhaps a lightweight Gibson Thunderbird with cash :) 

IMG_20200302_132126.jpg

IMG_20200302_132150.jpg

IMG_20200302_132229.jpg

IMG_20200302_132238.jpg

IMG_20200302_132250.jpg

IMG_20200302_132313.jpg

Edited by Paul S
  • Like 2