Why become a member? ×

Songs in C tuning

WarPig

We normally tune down a step, Eb Ab Db Gb to help our vocalist hit those high (Ronnie James Dio) notes. I have had a set of nickel Elites arrive today 50-110's and have managed to set up the bass as C# F# B E (had to recut the nut to take the heavier strings) and still retain a good tension on all strings (would probably go down another half step without the strings being too loose). Keeping the bass tuned in fourths means I can still play all the earlier Sabbath, DC, Dio stuff by simply transposing the song further up the fretboard and the lower register helps me out on some of the later Alternative stuff...RESULT ;)

[quote name='Sibob' post='404863' date='Feb 9 2009, 10:33 PM']That does seem to be the jist of the original post ;)

For my Drop C tuning, I use high tension strings, so I can have an action comparable to standard tuning, reduced buzzing etc etc

Si[/quote]
sounds like he's tuned it to something other than drop C, but anyway, here are some good ones i like to play

36 crazyfists :
at the end of august
absent are the saints
bloodwork
slit wrist theory

bullet for my valentine:
10 years today
all these things i hate
room 409

killswitch engage:
the end of heartache

That's just a few from browsing through my library of guitar pro files...

There's also testament - into the pit, scream aim fire by bullet and silverwing by arch enemy in D standard and most lamb of god songs (11th hour and for your malice are good), a lot of early trivium, and some pantera (i'm broken) in drop D. That's just some stuff i like playing anyway.

[quote name='bassman2790' post='413485' date='Feb 18 2009, 07:00 PM']We normally tune down a step, Eb Ab Db Gb[/quote]
Just thought i'd point out that's half a step, AKA a semitone.

Edited by budget bassist

[quote name='budget bassist' post='413523' date='Feb 18 2009, 08:43 PM']Just thought i'd point out that's half a step, AKA a semitone.[/quote]

Yes, sorry, my mistake ;)