Why become a member? ×

What's it worth

Monz

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='408864' date='Feb 13 2009, 06:08 PM']Is that an ebony board? Not original, surely?[/quote]

Not ebony. That'll be the original slab Brazilian Rosewood board... Just one of the reasons why early 60's pre-CBS Fenders are so sought after.

[quote name='sixshooter' post='408825' date='Feb 13 2009, 05:21 PM']Nick, I know where you live. If it goes missing your the first one I will call on ;)

Work was done by Joe White, a very talented man who is in the process of turning a 51 butterscotch P into a 55 sonic blue for me...

WOT and BBC, I knew this would have many different views which is why I posted, each to their own.

At the end of the day I hope whoever owns it gets a fair price and the Bass gets a loving home![/quote]

If Joe White's isn't on our list of recommended luthiers - judging by that he should be!

[quote name='sixshooter' post='409391' date='Feb 14 2009, 01:26 PM']It's original Brazilian Rosewood.

Joe has his name in the list somewhere, I think more and more Basschaters are making their way to his door. Met one yesterday when I was around there having a cup of Tea and talking 55P basses![/quote]

This Joe White?
[url="http://www.jwhite-guitarworkshops.co.uk/"]http://www.jwhite-guitarworkshops.co.uk/[/url]