Why become a member? ×

Just got hold of one of these- Genz Benz 210T Combo

Old Horse Murphy

Last week during lunch I had a quick browse on Bass Direct's website. Not for any particular reason but Mark carries some very interesting gear.

Anyway, I came across an ex-demo Genz Benz 210T Combo for nearly half-price. Having bought a GB Shuttle 6.0 from Mark a while ago, I knew firstly the quality of GB gear and secondly, what a nice guy Mark is to deal with.

Anyway, the day after ordering it, it arrived.

It pushes out 100W and is absolutely perfect as a practice amp and (God forbid) a backup amp should I ever need one. It means the Epifani UL310 can stay in the garage until its needed for rehearsal and gigs, so it will not only save my poor old legs going up and down the stairs, but also the wallpaper and door frames! from more dings.

As expected, this is top quality and I can highly recommend this combo. For some reason it doesn't like me sending my signal through my Boss TU2 pedal, but other than that it's perfect.

Thanks again Mark

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='399720' date='Feb 4 2009, 09:42 AM']I'm still waiting for Mewsie to bring her GB rig over. Dying to try one!

Yours looks really nice, mate - Heavy?

Rich.[/quote]

It's about 28kgs but has one of those awkward rubbery handles so it feels heavier.

To be honest, the idea is to leave it upstairs for practice and as a backup, so once it's there it will stay there!

The Epifani now lives in the garage with the PA, so it's dead easy to get it to the car and back.

Sorry if this is meandering off topic, but the weight/ergonomics thing bugs me.

For example, I had a Lowdown 150 which was a fantastic combo for small gigs, but because of a single stuck-on top handle, was a cow to carry. It wasn't light (48 pounds) but if some thought had gone in to how it could be handled, it might have been easier to lug.

My Eden D115 cab is 60 pounds but I can grab it with both (recessed) side handles and get it in and out of the car with ease.

So, manufacturers of beefy-but-bijou combo's TAKE NOTE.

Rant over. I feel better for that. :wacko:

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='399769' date='Feb 4 2009, 10:33 AM']Sorry if this is meandering off topic, but the weight/ergonomics thing bugs me.

For example, I had a Lowdown 150 which was a fantastic combo for small gigs, but because of a single stuck-on top handle, was a cow to carry. It wasn't light (48 pounds) but if some thought had gone in to how it could be handled, it might have been easier to lug.

My Eden D115 cab is 60 pounds but I can grab it with both (recessed) side handles and get it in and out of the car with ease.

So, manufacturers of beefy-but-bijou combo's TAKE NOTE.

Rant over. I feel better for that. :wacko:[/quote]

I completely agree. I think the lack of decent carrying handles puts potential purchasers off some amps. The silly rubber one does my head in.

I must be getting old ;)

Peavey were buggers for that too. Their 1x15 combo's all have a single top handle and I think my antedeluvian combo 300 weighs about

Fortunately the PO of mine fitted big box side handles

What is a surprise, though, is the single top handle on the Bergantino AE112. It's light enough to carry one handed (two at once usually) but the handle means that anything on top of the cab that doesn't have feet rocks all over the place. This includes my rack.

I just strap it all down but it's anoying.