Why become a member? ×

Feeler: Owen Bass Gremlin SOLD PENDING USUAL

joegarcia

I'm thinking of selling my Owen Bass Gremlin Overdrive. I've had it about a week and bought it from lemmywinks. It's a lovely pedal but I think I need a bit more drive for my main distortion (which this was going to be) so I think I'm going to spend a bit more and go for something like a Blackstar.

I don't think they're making these currently so here's a fairly rare opportunity to have a handmade British boutique pedal at half it's new cost.

LukeFRC sold one of these a while back and had a really good description of what it did so I hope he doesn't mind me pinching some of his listing:

[i]It has an on/bypass footswitch, and one for switching between the two different filters.
Two filters 'notch' (cuts harmonics in narrow passband) and 'bandpass' (boosts harmonics in narrow passband and cuts harmonics either side of it) giving many different types of OD sounds You can tune your OD to whatever frequency you want/sounds best.
Each filter has a "push to mix" button which allows it to be mixed with the clean signal with the mix control, this can be set at full unaffected allowing you to use one of the filters as a signal booster switch.
The drive control ups the thickness of overdrive effect, the level sets the level of the whole output.
Pretty lights tell you whats on and if your battery is running down.[/i]

Here's the blurb from the website:

[i]The Bass Gremlin Overdrive analogue fx pedal has been specially developed for the bass guitar and bassist.It uses a unique very low compression natural sustain overdrive circuit that does not destroy the dynamics and the main body of the bass sound.The harmonic content is extremely well balanced to produce low to mid overdrive sounds with a high degree of transparency to the original bass tone.For the maximum player flexibility there are two foot switchable filters provided with an added feature of a mix control which can be assigned to each filter.Other features include two active split outputs and a single dry buffered output for numerous signal routing possibilities.[/i]

It has had some great reviews on Harmony Central too: [url="http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Effects/product/Owen+Electronics/Bass+Gremlin+Overdrive/10/1"]http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews...+Overdrive/10/1[/url]

Comes in very good condition with the original bag and manual.

[b]£60 plus postage[/b].
No offers as this is what I paid a week ago and I think it was very reasonable.
Would p/x with cash for a Blackstar HT Dual.

[b]SOLD PENDING USUAL[/b]

Edited by joegarcia