Why become a member? ×

new new new!!

escholl

[quote name='escholl' post='396603' date='Feb 1 2009, 03:10 AM']39 downloads total and no constructive criticism at all? forget it then.[/quote]

Surprise you don't have feedback - I like listening to what other people are putting down.

Anyway, listened to your tracks. Slightly reminiscent of Cradle of Filth with the intro to Glory - which I liked. Liked the tracks but thought the drums slightly repetetive.

That aside, felt tracks were tight and well put together. Would be a high energy live gig thet would be well worth seeing.

Would I buy it? Probably........... ;)

[quote name='High score' post='403553' date='Feb 8 2009, 05:17 PM']Surprise you don't have feedback - I like listening to what other people are putting down.

Anyway, listened to your tracks. Slightly reminiscent of Cradle of Filth with the intro to Glory - which I liked. Liked the tracks but thought the drums slightly repetetive.

That aside, felt tracks were tight and well put together. Would be a high energy live gig thet would be well worth seeing.

Would I buy it? Probably........... :P[/quote]

Haha thanks, I appreciate it. I actually prefer hearing what people don't like about our music, as it give me (us) a better idea of what to do right and what to change -- our myspace is out of date, and we've recorded some new stuff recently which hopefully will be up soon. Our drummer has come a long way in the last 8 months or so (when those tracks were done) but I'll be sure to pay a bit closer attention to what he's playing -- he's generally pretty good but thanks for pointing that out, I'd not noticed it before ;)

The tracks i was actually referring to however were one's I'd put up as attachments on here, but despite a fair number of downloads seemingly no one could be bothered to post anything. oh well.

[quote name='escholl' post='404279' date='Feb 9 2009, 01:26 PM']Haha thanks, I appreciate it. I actually prefer hearing what people don't like about our music, as it give me (us) a better idea of what to do right and what to change -- our myspace is out of date, and we've recorded some new stuff recently which hopefully will be up soon. Our drummer has come a long way in the last 8 months or so (when those tracks were done) but I'll be sure to pay a bit closer attention to what he's playing -- he's generally pretty good but thanks for pointing that out, I'd not noticed it before ;)

The tracks i was actually referring to however were one's I'd put up as attachments on here, but despite a fair number of downloads seemingly no one could be bothered to post anything. oh well.[/quote]

did I get it wrong? thought I'd followed the correct link. Anyway, would be interested in hearing newer tracks when you get them down.........

Just one last comment, I am more versed in live than studio sound but for what it was worth, the drums were almost slightly too prominent in the mix ie at the same level or fractionally higher than the vocal.

Hope this helps but remember you won't please everyone!!!! :P

Good luck with the next tracks you lay down........

[quote name='High score' post='404317' date='Feb 9 2009, 02:14 PM']did I get it wrong? thought I'd followed the correct link. Anyway, would be interested in hearing newer tracks when you get them down.........

Just one last comment, I am more versed in live than studio sound but for what it was worth, the drums were almost slightly too prominent in the mix ie at the same level or fractionally higher than the vocal.

Hope this helps but remember you won't please everyone!!!! ;)

Good luck with the next tracks you lay down........[/quote]

ah, really? i'd thought they might be a bit too high but thanks, that's actually really useful, we'll be sure not to make the same mistake twice haha.

will let you know when we've got new stuff up!

Hey dude,

Was this a home recording, or at a studio?

Criticisms - in terms of the music, not really my cup o't but songs sounded pretty cool, niice balance between all-out blast and melody without drifting into emo cliche too mcuh (sadly, so often lacking in really heavy bands).

In terms of the sound of the recording - I'd say your git-arseists need a lesson in less gain = more tone, as its really pretty difficult to pick out a lot of the notes they're playing. Drums sound a little thin too, with not a lot of top end on the kick, so all the blast beats turn into low-end sludge.

I am, however, a notorious pedant so I wouldn't worry about my criticisms!

[quote name='MananaMan' post='407915' date='Feb 12 2009, 07:11 PM']Hey dude,

Was this a home recording, or at a studio?

Criticisms - in terms of the music, not really my cup o't but songs sounded pretty cool, niice balance between all-out blast and melody without drifting into emo cliche too mcuh (sadly, so often lacking in really heavy bands).

In terms of the sound of the recording - I'd say your git-arseists need a lesson in less gain = more tone, as its really pretty difficult to pick out a lot of the notes they're playing. Drums sound a little thin too, with not a lot of top end on the kick, so all the blast beats turn into low-end sludge.

I am, however, a notorious pedant so I wouldn't worry about my criticisms![/quote]

it was sort of a home/studio recording, done by the band members at the time in the uni studios, but never mixed or processed properly.

no, i appreciate the criticisms! we've changed our sound a lot in the past 8 months since that was recorded, and shed a guitarist as well (and gained me). i keep telling the guitarist who's left that he's playing so loud and so distorted that you can't actually hear what he's playing, and it sounds sh*te, but of course they never believe you. :P the drum mics we used were a bit cr*p as well, although they were supposed to be good. Would love to know what you think of our new stuff when it's up in a few weeks!

lushuk, the link is in my sig, just click the banner.

ironically of course, the aeterna tracks are not the ones i'd wanted feedback on originally, i'd uploaded some demos on here but took them down when it seemed no one could be bothered. but i appreciate the feedback none the less. ;)

• 1 month later...