Why become a member? ×

Warning about Rose of England Pub in Nottingham

BigRedX

Just a heads up for any band thinking of playing at the Rose of England on Mansfield Road in Nottingham.

The place has recently been through a succession of managers/landlords culminating with the last one disappearing just before Christmas along with the deposits of those who had booked the room. My band was one of those affected.

Earlier this month we booked a new gig there with the new landlord who was full of big talk about how he was going to revamp the rather shabby upstairs room where the gigs are held, and seeing as we were one of the bands affected by the change of management we could have the room for free. Today our guitarist turns up to drop off posters and to meet as arranged with the guy doing the PA to sort out our requirements only to be told that the venue wants £150! No way and we've told them what they can do with their gig.

I would urge any band thinking of playing there, or with a gig already booked unless you have an agreement in writing to seriously reconsider. We've been ripped off and lied to, and until the pub has a serious change of attitude I won't be giving them any of my money.