Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Akai Hexacomp on eBay

BottomEndian

Hi. I'm pretty new here at BC, so I've already posted this in the eBay links forum and the guys there recommended I throw this in here as well, so...

Here's my [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RARE-Akai-C2M-Hexacomp-multi-band-compressor-pedal_W0QQitemZ280307861195QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Guitar_Accessories?hash=item280307861195&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318"]Akai Hexacomp[/url] on eBay.

It's a lovely pedal. A weighty beast, but a lovely pedal, especially on bass.

They come up so infrequently on eBay that I had no idea what to guess as a starting price. Any thoughts?

I've also got a Boss PS-3 Pitch Shifter / Delay and a DOD FX747 Supersonic Stereo Flange that might be going up on eBay soon, but is anyone here on BC interested in those as well? If I can avoid eBay on those, that'd be nice!

Edited by BottomEndian

[quote name='Thornybank' post='395609' date='Jan 30 2009, 06:15 PM']PS-3 price?[/quote]

£90 (plus about £3 postage). They seem to tend to go for around £100 on eBay, so I figure that's a reasonable sum for an off-eBay deal.

It's in good nick -- just a few scratches where it probably ended up in a bag with the Hexacomp or my G-Drive! It works perfectly. Only been gigged a couple of times in the 12 years or so I've had it, and not actually used much more than that.

Pictures (in eye-watering detail):
[attachment=19432:PS3_top_small.jpg][attachment=19433:PS3_right_small.jpg]
[attachment=19434:PS3_back_small.jpg][attachment=19435:PS3_left_small.jpg]
[attachment=19436:PS3_label_small.jpg][attachment=19437:PS3_front_small.jpg]
[attachment=19438:PS3_bottom_small.jpg]

And this shot just feels so wrong:
[attachment=19439:PS3_open_small.jpg]
Pristine innards! I don't think I've ever even put a battery in this thing. I've heard it eats them like a raptor.

[quote name='agoulding' post='395826' date='Jan 30 2009, 10:46 PM']that akai looks the balls[/quote]

Good balls? Bad balls? Hairy dog balls? Bassballs?

Seriously, yes, it's lovely. I didn't mention this in the item description, but the EQ isn't at all shy. I don't know what the figures are in terms of dB cut & boost, but it feels like way more than your standard 15 dB either way. Powerful stuff. A real tool in the arsenal.

I'm kind of sad to see it go, but I really need the money and it's not getting any use on my current board of 5 (or is it 6? I lose count) dirt pedals.

• 1 month later...