Why become a member? ×

VST System Link

cheddatom

[quote name='cheddatom' post='423411' date='Mar 2 2009, 04:55 PM']Lowdown has a VST system link system running with two delta cards.

Mine are the LT versions, but I don't think they have an optical connection for lightpipe?

Is it the case that I could use VStack or something to synchronise the two cards without using vst system link? This would be good, but i'd still like the transport (i.e stop and start) of both computers to be linked because then I can use automation on my FX PC.

EDIT: Ta for the link though, I just don't think it's true seeing as Lowdown has his sytem working. Perhaps I should have done more research before buying my 2nd Delta card.[/quote]

I did notice that - I thought it must be down to the use of VStack? I can't help a great deal, I just noticed that it's not officially supported. I have also gathered that Coax SPDIF cables won't work.. I think you need some more input from Lowdown to see if he can shed any light on linking the transport, and to what extent he uses VStack - if VSL isn't officially supported I guess it might be necessary to compromise your workflow a little, but hopefully not.

If you do get it working, I think I may copy you :)

No, i've been too busy mixing an on-going project, and i've been tracking myself on drums. It's something I anticipate for this thing I drum for, so I WILL get it working, and will be sure to report back after my next attempt it.