Why become a member? ×

Nady 201 VHF twin diversity wireless.

GremlinAndy

Hi,
I have a very old (possibly 20 years-ish, I estimate) but fully functioning Nady 201 VHF wireless for sale...
There are a couple of things wrong with it... One is that it has lost the battery cover for the transmitter bit. The battery doesn't fall out and a bit of tape would secure it further. I used it for about 4 years without the cover and never popped a batt.
...and the wall-wart power supply has the earth pin broken from it. However, it's not as bad as it sounds because it is just a plastic tag and the supply was unearthed to begin with.
But I would suggest a new power supply would be the best option. It's an old machine, and does colour the sound a bit, but not enough that you can't kinda E.Q it back.
It also gets through batteries pretty quickly. I used two rechargables and swapped them over halfway through the night (after about an hour) But rechargable battery technology has come on since those days so who knows?... A new alkaline batt would probably last about 4-5 hours.

Right, thats all the bad news out the way. On the bright side, it works. ...It has a battery in it. ...It will isolate you from electric shocks (since you're not connected) ...and more importantly, I don't want much for it. ;)

I would prefer collection from around Sheffield area, or I will have to add the cost of P&P to it...

Good luck. Andy

[size=1][color="#FFFFFF"]yes I know I ommitted a price. Cos it's free to someone who will actually use it, not just sell it for profit.[/color][/size]

[quote name='steve-soar' post='392233' date='Jan 26 2009, 10:42 PM']I had one back in 1990 and it was a good piece of kit.
All the things that GA says have happened to his, happened to mine.
Will you take £35 for it? ;)[/quote]

NICE ONE STEVE!!! YOU ARE THE WINNER! If you Hilight the first posting my secret message will be revealed! (hence the *game* comments) White text on white background.

I just wanted someone who actually wanted this enough to make an offer, and I'll GIVE IT AWAY at the price of postage!

Steve, PM your address and I'll send you a price for P&P once I've sent it. I don't imagine it will be much.

Nice one mate!

[quote name='GremlinAndy' post='392278' date='Jan 26 2009, 11:23 PM']NICE ONE STEVE!!! YOU ARE THE WINNER! If you Hilight the first posting my secret message will be revealed! (hence the *game* comments) White text on white background.

I just wanted someone who actually wanted this enough to make an offer, and I'll GIVE IT AWAY at the price of postage!

Steve, PM your address and I'll send you a price for P&P once I've sent it. I don't imagine it will be much.

Nice one mate![/quote]

Nice one Andy - I like your style!
What else do you have FOR SALE??? ;)

[quote name='Bassmanc' post='392416' date='Jan 27 2009, 09:18 AM']Nice one Andy - I like your style!
What else do you have FOR SALE??? :P[/quote]

I'm going to be posting a budget "For Sale" on an Alembic F-1X preamp. It won't be a freebie... But it will be undeniably cheap. The winning bidder will have the cojones to make an offer of a very reasonable price. ;)