Why become a member? ×

Skjold Lions Pride, how good???

bubinga5

I was in love with this Skjold LIons Pride 5 string from Bass Direct thats now on sale in the gallery for a long time...As it is, im still in love..i just havent played it.. i have heard this bass is something special..Has anyone played this/these jazz basses.

Im still in love with my Sadowsky RV5, but i have got a feeling this bass may be in a different league...enough said...

I need to know how good these basses are please.

They're good? Nay, great sounding basses. Absolutely huge and wide sounding, but they also have a very deep sound as well. A ridiculously good bass for sitting well in the mix (e.g. rock, pop, metal, country) with enough detail to work well in other genres (e.g. jazz, celtic/ceilidh, etc).

It's not as clear sounding (just sheer bonecrushing hugeness) when set flat as Sadowsky basses set flat, even the Metro's, but I'm sure the preamp could dial in some top end zing for you, or scoop out a little mids to bring out a less immense sound.

Bear in mind that all basses are different, don't get something based on 'a feeling', be sure to try it out.

Mark