Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN Aqua Blue Status Kingbass Artist.

slapmonsta

[b]Sorry-I've but I've decided to keep the bass.Thanks to those who showed an interest.I've decided to keep her and scrape the money together for the one I'm looking to buy![/b]

[attachment=18999:front.JPG]
[attachment=18998:in_case.JPG]
[attachment=19000:r_l.JPG]
[attachment=19001:dings.JPG]

Edited by slapmonsta

Ha ha!Do you guys follow each other around? ;) Yes,it's 19mm spacing.

I'ts a choice between an S2 or my mates 90's spot-on condition Empathy TBH.

But if it doesn't go soon,I'll just keep it....que sera sera.

I've also had two offers on my Green S1(the one in my avatar on the "Statii" site)...I can't really sell it though.I had a lot more hair when I bought it. :P

Bloody typical.The one you don't want to sell people want to buy!

Yeah I know Rich...it's just that I got a good deal on it from Thumper and in all honesty I guess I'm just asking more or less what I paid for it.I tend not to muck about so I just go in at the price I want-take it or leave it! ;)

Having played it again tonight though I must admit that it's a great instrument that "makes" you play a certain way-a bit like the way certain cars "make" you drive!I had a gig on Saturday that I couldn't really use it on as the tone is very "in your face" and my battle-scarred S1 is my weapon of choice for general work.
I actually bought this bass about 5 months ago as a natural replacement for the S1.....I had a standard KB when they first came out and couldn't get on with the 34" scale.IMHO It forces your hand into tiring shapes when playing any length of time in f or f sharp...so I sold that and got this 32" Artist when it came up.I do think that the Artist and standard(bolt-on) models have quite different tones-the standard was an absolute "screamer" compared to this one!I think this is far a better all-round instrument but as you'll agree-not for the faint-hearted!

If she doesn't sell by the end of the week I think I'll be keeping her.....for good this time! :P

Regards,

Steve.

Edited by slapmonsta

Thanks,Martin.

Commision cheque in the post. ;)

I've decided that I'm gonna take her off sale for good this time and beg,borrow and scrape the money together for the S2/Empathy.I've decided to try and catch up with Nick and Rich...... :P

Thanks for the interest guys and I'll post some pics on Statii.com of either when I get it!

[quote name='slapmonsta' post='389134' date='Jan 22 2009, 11:19 PM']Thanks,Martin.

Commision cheque in the post. ;)

I've decided that I'm gonna take her off sale for good this time and beg,borrow and scrape the money together for the S2/Empathy.I've decided to try and catch up with Nick and Rich...... :P

Thanks for the interest guys and I'll post some pics on Statii.com of either when I get it![/quote]

Aww! Was just getting that space lined up on the fence! Cheers!